You and I

Neil and Ted's wedding was intimate, with their closest friends present. Annika walked Neil down the aisle, and he kissed her hands with gratitude. Annika placed Ted and Neils hands together and wished them all the best and joy in the world. She was content, in this moment, knowing Neil had finally got the courage and the blessings to move on with his life. He was no longer obliged to be part of her family, but he chose to be. He was now the god father to Ansh and Shivi. She found herself, wondering; What if she had her whole life ahead of her?, will she be riding off to the sunset too? Her life changed the day Shivaay walked into the cafe, after 7 long excruciating years of loneliness, pain, and regret without him. She had wished nothing but to be with him since the day they parted. Sometimes she thought the universe gave her the cancer because she prayed so hard day and night to be with him. She remembered how every day she wished to stop breathing, so finally death can unite them. If it wasn't for the kids she would have given up long time ago. But fate had other plans for them. When he came back, she was happy and distraught at the same time! Her cancer was back...When she finally wanted to be alive, death was embracing her. She craved to live now...all she wanted was to live...But the reality was that her days were numbered. She was thankful that even for this short time, she could experience, what they actually could have been...a family...a beautiful family. As Neil and Ted began a new life, she closed her eyes, and made a new wish... May Shivaay find his way to his true love! A good partner, better than I ever was...someone good, honest, and kind...So he can smile always, and make sure my Ansh and Shivi won't feel my absence! Ever...even if that means they'll forget me...

Annika was beaming ear to ear. Shivaay couldn't help but stare at her smile. She was living every moment. The past few months, spent with her, though painful at times, they were also memorable. They were broken...but beautiful together! If it was up to him, he would tell her to choose him...be with him...love him...live the rest of her life with him. But he knew that's not what she wanted. It felt like she was pushing him away, every time they got closer. The other day they all had fallen asleep on the couch, and he woke up cuddling her. She opened her eyes, and he could swear, she was breathing as fast, as he was. The moment he leaned in she had gotten up, and started putting the kids to bed. Soon enough he was out of the door, back to his house. He didn't want to cross the line she had drawn. He kept staring at her from a distance. She had picked the red Saree today. She looked beautiful! The summer breeze just passed by ruffling the leaves of the trees in the courtyard. The wedding was taking place in a beautiful Victorian Manor, and the alter was set up overlooking a petite lake that floated by at it's own pace. Annika was talking to Malika, and he hoped to god she was not on one of her matchmaking missions. Thankfully after he told her that he needed time, she seemed to have respected his wishes. But Annika was unpredictable and stubborn, making his life a roller coaster ride of emotions. He smiled adoring her, for all the shades of colours she painted in his life. He was grateful...and didn't regret any of it! "Shivaay...You okay? Who are you staring at Annika?" Om approached him. " Err..No...just a nice day isn't it? Happy for Neil and Ted! How are you and Gauri? Any plans for the wedding yet?" He changed the topic.

"Hey...Can I borrow my ex wife/bestie for a moment?" Neil teased, as he dragged Annika away from the crowd. "CLING! CLING!" He tapped his glass gaining everyone's attention. "Everyone my best friend...My support system...My life..My Best woman! She will be making a speech now!" He surprised her. Annika didn't know Neil wanted speeches at his wedding! "Oiii...You didn't tell me before! What am I going to say?" She whispered in his ear annoyed. "You'll be just fine! Say what's in your heart!" Everyone clapped and the venue went silent, except for the occasional wind, and the orchestra that was playing in the background. " Err..Hello everybody. It's me Annika...Neil's ex wife/best friend...as he introduces me to everyone!" Everyone laughed together with her.