Jekyll & Hyde

"Billu...Billu!" Daadi had finally returned. "Daadi! Why are you looking for Billu? You don't remember your OmRu?" Rudy came and hugged her. "Where is mom?" Om asked as he greeted Daadi with a big hug. "Jaanvi will come next week she joined the youngsters Vipassana group! Now where is this boy! I got the shock of my life when I finally switched the TV on. Where is your brother and where is Annika call them both! NOW!" Daadi looked angry. As no response was coming from her grandson she barged into his room. She was shocked to see Annika lying on the bed almost lifeless and her grandson bleeding from his head sitting beside her. His knuckles were all bruised, and chafed.  "Billu what happened? What happened to both of you?"

"We are fine....we..we got into a car accident...she's just resting...the doctor said she's fine!" He replied without taking his eyes off of Annika. "You are bleeding Billu!" She placed a hand on his head.

" Daadi don't call me that! I told you before!" He said without looking her in the eye.

" Billu...is everything okay?" S.S.O clenched his fists and gritted his teeth irritated. Last thing he wanted was this prying old lady hovering around him. For some reason he could never stand up to her. She had something in her eyes that tamed him. She was probably the only person in the world who loved him truly, despite who or what he was.

"Billu....I was so angry with you for lying to all of us...but I have to say I am so happy that you finally found love in your life! I am so happy that you did something for your self and not for Tej...not for me...or for your brothers...you two take some rest now!" She placed a kiss on his head before she left.

Daadi walked up to the door and turned back. She let out a sigh as she walked out and dialled someone discreetly. "Hello...Hi It's me Kalyani Singh Oberoi, speaking...I think my grandson, Shivaay has to come to London again for some time...will you be available to receive them? Oh and his wife Annika will come too...yes...yes he's married now! Hmmm...I see...I see...Ah your daughter has taken over? Unconventional? Hmmm...okay...Thank You...I think that's what we need right now...some change...what's her name? Malika? Are...Pyaari name...okay send me the details...expect them by end of the week. Thank You! Thank you!" Daadi, looked back at her Billu, full of regret, and confusion waiting impatiently for Annika to open her eyes. "I wish...you never had to live through the pain my child...I wish I could take it all away from you!" She wiped an intruding tear as she walked out.

                                            ——————————————————————-

Annika woke up feeling breathless, "Shivaay..." She whispered. He stood up to leave, and she held his hand. She saw the battered hands, the wounds that had not been tend to and got concerned. "Are you okay? Your hands...you are hurt!" A tear formed in her eye and she softly blew on the chaffed skin, hoping it will soothe him. He looked surprised, but didn't take his hand away. She sat back up, still feeling weak, and bombarded him with all the questions that came rushing over to her. "Where were you? What happened to you? How did you come back? Where is that asshole?" She scowled. He released his hands from her grip in haste looking uncomfortable. "Err....the doctor gave you this...drink!" He threw a card of medicine at her. Annika just stared at him unable to understand...She was sure it was Shivaay beating up Daksh. S.S.O who put her in this mess in first place wouldn't be this caring now would he?"Drink!" He handed a glass of water to her and commanded. Annika held on to the water glass tight, as she recalled all of it was this evil spawns fault. She just wanted to throw something...anything at him! "What? I told you to drink the medicine...Why are you staring? What's on my face?" He raised an eyebrow looking smug as ever. A splash of water hit him unexpectedly as Annika threw the water at him. She angrily threw the glass at him too which he narrowly missed and landed on the wall shattering into tiny pieces .