The night it all went to hell

Shivaay was holding Annika tight. For that moment, he had forgotten where he was, what he was doing. He can't lose her. Not like this! For the first time, he was realising, how important she was for him. She was someone he can't possibly imagine his life without. He was in love with this woman. This woman, who dared to step in between him and death. He was in love with this arrogant, irritating, breathtakingly beautiful woman. I love you Annika...I love you...please don't leave me...Bhavya placed a hand on his shoulder. "Mr. Oberoi! MR.OBEROI!" She had to shake him, to get his attention. Bhavya pointed at the general, who was lying on ground next to Shravaan and bleeding. "It's the general...not Annika...I managed to intervene on time! Thank god the bullet missed her!" Bhavya exclaimed. Shivaay felt that he could breath again, realising, that it was not Annika who was bleeding to death! The bullet had just graced her arm, as it went past. She only had a scratch. She must have collapsed at the heat of the moment. Thank god you are okay....Shivaay placed a kiss on her forehead, and lifted her in his arms. He placed her on the sofa and sprinkled water on her face, hoping she'll wake up. He felt reassured as her grip tightened around his fingers. He placed a soft kiss on her hand and whispered in her ear, " I love you! Please wake up...".

Bhavya, had shot the general. As police took over the scene, the general who was still alive, was taken out by medics. Shravaan couldn't move. It looked as if something much more heavier than the weight of his chains was holding him down. He was squatting beside the general and moving back and forth. He was crying, and mumbling to himself. "Blood...Blood...so much blood". He kept staring at the medics while they took the general away. "Mr. Oberoi, I think your brother needs you. Go ahead! I'll keep an eye on Annika! I don't think she has any other injuries. I'll get the paramedics to have a look!" Bhavya reassured Shivaay. He reluctantly let go of her hand, and walked towards Shravaan.

"Shravaan...Shrav...are you okay?" He sat beside him. His heart sank looking at his twin brother, who resembled nothing like him anymore. He was mere skin and bones, with a god awful, stamp of the organisation right on his face. He looked lost, hurt and angry.

"Shiv Bhai...Shiv Bhai...you...you..I hate you!" He started to cry. Shivaay gave him a tight hug, reassuring him that he will be there for him no matter what.  Shravaan pushed him away.

"Why?...why did you take so long? Anni...Anni....is the only one who came looking for me!" He complained. "I...I am sorry Shravaan...I..I didn't know you were...I...I am sorry I forgot...I...I didn't know you were..."

"So you forgot about me? I was right!" He scowled.

"I am sorry...I am so sorry! But I am here now! And I will do anything to make it up to you! The whole family is waiting for you Shravaan...There is Daadi...There is OmRu...there is also Bade papa and Bade mom..."

"Yes...there is Daadi...there is OmRu...Anni told me already! She told me everything!" He looked away like a scorned child.

"Shrav...If I could change it all, I would have swapped places with you in a heartbeat. I wish I can take it all back! Change it! I wish that it was me who she took away not you! I was...I was a child..I didn't know how to protect you at that time...but I promise you...I promise you I will not let anyone hurt you ever! I promise you I will make sure you will have nothing but happiness here on! I will protect you! I will do whatever I can do to make it right!"

"You promise Shiv Bhai?" He asked second guessing whether to trust Shivaay or not.

" I Promise!" He replied sincerely

                            ————————————————————————————————————-

Annika opened her eyes. It took a while for her to make sense of where she was, but soon she recollected. "SHIVAAY! SHIVAAY!" She screamed out to him. Shivaay came running to her, relieved that she was awake finally. "Shivaay...are you okay? Are you hurt?" She checked him for any injuries as she saw his cloths were drenched in blood. "I am okay....are you okay? How is your hand?" He asked her worried sick as she was on a splint.