A Quest

"Om what do you think? Bhaiya...is he safe?" Rudy was concerned for his brothers safety. "I don't know Rudra, he's not telling us anything. For some reason he doesn't want us to get involved! He always carries his burdens alone never shares!" Om sighed. "I think I know how to get him talking!" Rudy winked cheekily. "What do you mean?" Om asked. "I mean...if there is one thing in the world will make Shivaay Singh Oberoi, spit out the truth, that would be a truth serum....and I know exactly what it is!" Rudy rubbed his palms together, pretending to be a villain hatching out a master plan. "Rudra...what are you up to? Promise me you wont' do anything stupid!"
"Stupid? O...you just wait and watch!" Rudy hurried off.
             —————————————————
Annika had extended a hand of friendship to the blue eyed monster. Despite her mission, and how annoying he was, she knew in her heart, that Shivaay Singh Oberoi had honour. He had put himself in danger, knowingly for her. Daksh and Rajiv on the other hand, moved up in her prime suspect list. Daksh Kurana was going to get it next time when he shows up in front of her. She was going to personally introduce him to "Chandani" her sturdy sandal. How dare he bruise up Billu Ji's handsome face? "BRRRRRRR" Annika shook her head trying to snap out of this annoying spell he cast upon her. It was his eyes. They for sure had some kind of a super power that she underestimated. She shouldn't have looked straight at them. Otherwise why on earth would she find, Shivaay Singh Oberoi handsome, kind, and a man with honour? Up until yesterday he was an annoying, rich snob! She beamed recalling how he accepted her hand in friendship. She knew she could trust him. Trust...the word sank it's teeth into her heart. Was she being trustworthy? Should she just reveal her truth to Shivaay? Her fathers smiling face reappeared in her thoughts, "No....not yet....not until I get to know who hurt you papa...!". She was so close at getting what she wanted. She will tell him when the time is right. Right now, she had to focus on her investigation. From all what she gathered, she could tell that Oberoi's were mere pawns in this game, the real players were still in hiding.

"Annika!" Tia called her. After overhearing Tia's phone conversation last night, she couldn't help but suspect her intentions of being here. What was she thinking? Tia is here because she's married to S.S.O. Wasn't she? Though this was a detour, Annika decided to follow up on her instincts, and keep a close eye on her.
"Annika, we are going to have the second soirée the day after. You remember the themes right? I want it to be unforgettable! Make sure everyone gets their outfits on time!"
"Don't worry Tia, it will be tip top! hopefully not like the last one!" Annika added a hint of sarcasm purposely.
"Huh? By the way, now when I think of it...I asked YOU to look after Daksh and Rajiv, if you did your job properly, maybe we could have had a better one!" Tia said annoyed.
"It wasn't cool you wanted to use me Tia! The least you could have done was to warn me!" Annika confronted Tia.
"How? How did you?" Tia mumbled.
"I didn't before!" She lied, not wanting to put Shivaay in an awkward situation. " But now I know! Thankfully, Shivaay....err I meant Mr. Oberoi came on time..."
Annika's cheeks flushed, as she realised that she called him out by his name for the first time. Well he was her friend after all, she was not crossing a line in front of Tia? Was she?
"OHHHH...I get it now...so YOU are the reason my whole plan flopped!" Tia said exasperatedly.
"Tia...I know you are my boss....I know I am here for event planning...but that doesn't mean you can use for your little schemes!" Annika said sternly.
"Alright...I get your point! Won't happen again! I am sorry! Now shall we get to work?" Tia changed her tone out of the blue. This is exactly what made her suspect Tia. She changed her colours way too often.

———————————————————————————————
"Bhaiya....!" Rudy found Shivaay, sitting by the pool, drowned in work. "Err...yes Rudy...I am a tad bit busy today....tell me...!" Shivaay tried not to ignore his baby brother. "Bhiaya this is for you, I made it with love....you are working so hard and it's such a hot day! Drink Bhaiya its Agave juice for you!" Rudy carefully placed a jug of a suspicious concoction he made with a devious smile. "Ah...Thanks Rudy....Yeah it is damn hot today...tell Khanna to increase the A/C!" Shivaay gulped the drink down focusing on his laptop. Rudy sat down by the pool and started playing with his phone, waiting for the right time, and Om. His face was panic stricken as he received a familiar text message from Om. It read "I love you Rudy and Shivaay....always!". Rudy recalled the last time, he received a similar message from Om. It was six months ago. He had a flashback of "O"lying lifeless on the hospital bed, and Shivaay screaming at the doctors, demanding his brothers life to be restored. "Rudy? are you okay?" Shivaay, sensed his brothers worries. "Bhaiya...." Rudy showed Shivaay, the text message, and Shivaay lost all the colour in his face. "Rudy where is Om? Call him NOW!" He shook Rudy. "He was here Bhaiya...we were...we were just talking...like an hour ago he was with me!" Rudy confessed. "Okay! It's okay Rudy! You go quickly check him on his room and keep trying to call him! I'll check the CCTV!" Shivaay hurried off to the CCTV room.