Masquerade

Annika was pacing up and down. Damn it only if she hadn't fallen asleep. It was her negligence. Shivaay is not going to let her get off easily. But what was he talking about? He suspects her for working for some organisation...was it the Blue corp he was referring to? Before dozing off, she was in the middle of cracking a very important code. She was going through an old ledger from 1987 tucked away in a dusty shelf in late Shakti Oberoi's study. She scanned it from front to back, again and again trying to find a significant clue about the secret code her dad left behind, 18041987. Bhavya assumed that it was a date 18.04.1987. She turned the ledger to the date, and the page was found blank.  For a moment she had closed her eyes to concentrate. Despite her father being an accountant, she hated numbers. Numbers were meant for calculative, businessmen like Shivaay Singh Oberoi. On top of that because of those damn numbers, she lost her dad. She wished if he was bad at numbers like her, perhaps he'd be alive today. "What could this be?" Numbers started floating around her head.  She started aligning the numbers in different ways, and finally decided to add them two by two, coming up with the outcome 13.01.06 could it be another date hidden inside a date? She called Bhavya again but she couldn't get through. She decided to talk to her about it later. Right now she had bigger things at hand. For once in her life she was thankful to Tia and her love for a good theme party. Thank goodness it was a masquerade!

Annika had a plan! She was going to lay low, and avoid the Blue eyed monster at all cost

Annika had a plan! She was going to lay low, and avoid the Blue eyed monster at all cost. No way he will identify her, she made sure to pick a mask covering her whole face. The dress code Tia had for the hosts was a navy blue long cocktail dress with a deep slit. The dress fit Annika perfectly and whenever she walked the dress danced in rhythm giving a playful glimpse of her beautiful legs. She made sure to avoid OmRu or anyone she knew from the previous cocktail party. She was happy to blend in with the rest of the staff.
—————————————————————
Shivaay was fixing his bow tie, and stared into the reflection of himself in the mirror. He was a man on a mission. He was going to get the truth out of her. His brothers walked in just in time to go down. "Bhaiya all okay? You've been like a fire breathing dragon for the past few hours! Did you have a fight with Annika Didi?" Rudy teased and was met with Shivaays wrath.

"Annika Annika Annika! Rudy don't you have anyone else in this house to talk about? What's the big deal? Is she a damn celebrity? You are all just obsessed with her!"

"Bhaiya...C'mon me obsessed with Annika Didi? I am telling you it is YOU who is obsessed with HER!" Shivaay threw a rolled up sock at his annoying baby brother. " C'mon Bhaiya Annika Didi is like super girl! You remember that day how she almost flew her scooter and took us to Om?"

"EXACTLY! How did she know where to find Om did you think about that?"

" Err...Shivaay what do you mean?" Om asked him worried looking at the fire in his brothers eyes.

"Don't you guys think it's even a tad bit suspicious that without any help from our security team...anybody she just tracked you to where you were?"
"Err...maybe she thought of GPS in the car? But even so...like you said she'll need some help from experts!" Om gave his two sense.