Thunder & lightning

Shivaay woke up with a smile as Annika's hair tickled his nose. Whatever he was cuddling, was soft and warm. He slowly opened his eyes, and almost jumped out of bed as he realised, who he was cuddling. It was Annika! "Ouch!" He felt a sharp pain through his right arm, as he took his arm off of her quickly. He sat up straight, and keeping enough distance, he poked her leg. "Not now Saahil....let me sleep more its' Sunday!" She mumbled in her sleep. "Saahil? Who is this Saahil?" Shivaay wondered suspiciously, and poked her again. "Saahil I told you let me sleep!" She squished a pillow on her face not wanting to wake up. Annoyed Shivaay poked at her again, this time on her waist making her jump. "SAAHIL I AM GOING TO KILL YOU!" She stood up raising the pillow to hit him, and Shivaay used his good arm to block her attack. Realising it was not Saahil, and recalling the stressful events from last night, she stood up. "Oh..my god...you are awake! Are you okay? I am so sorry did I hurt you? Is it painful?" She kept bombarding him with so many questions he just couldn't listen to her irritating voice anymore. "Shut up...!Can you shut up?" He gestured her to stop. "Oh...sorry...err..medicine...no...doctor said you should have food before medicine...I'll make something!" She hurried off. What just happened? Did he just find Annika sleeping next to him and did she just say she was going to make something for him. For sure he's going to get food poisoning if she makes something to eat. "Errr...No need not hungry...what happened?" He asked again. Hoping that he won't pass out this time, she explained to him that he in fact got shot. Memories from the previous night came flowing in and Shivaay remembered this strange feeling, he had just before he got shot. He looked at Annika and looked away quickly not wanting to meet eyes with her.

" Err... where is my phone?" He demanded searching around the bed side.

" Sorry we are not allowed to use any phones! It's for safety! Bhavya said not to!"

"Ridiculous! Give me my phone! Are you keeping me hostage here now?" He tried to get up and the pain on his arm was unbearable.

Annika looked at him annoyed "STAY STILL! YOU ARE HURT! No...I am NOT  keeping you hostage...trust me the last thing I want is to be stuck with you here! Bhavya said it's for safety!"

"Bhavya? Who the heck is this Bhavya? Your boss?" Shivaay asked her suspiciously.

" Urgh...yes...in a way...She is the one in charge of my fathers murder case...Bhavya is a police officer...and she's my friend...She helped us...She helped us get here...and to keep you safe...!" She finally explained.

"So...all this time...you were working with the police? AHA...I was right! YOU WERE SPYING! Wait till OmRu here's this I told them I'll get you! I knew it!" Shivaay huffed.

" I...I didn't mean to hurt any of you...I wanted to find out...what happened to my father. That's all!" She let out a sigh. "He...He was working for your company when he suddenly died...they said he committed suicide...but I know...I know he would never! He would never leave me!"Tears started to pool up in her eyes and she looked away.

"How can you be so sure that he wouldn't?" Shivaay asked bluntly, without realising that he was hurting her. "My father just did the same! I won't bet on him not wanting to leave you" He shrugged.

Annika got annoyed, but recalling what he went through, she decided to be patient. "Anyway we can talk about it later...I think you should rest now.. I'll go get you something to eat before medicine!" She hurried off leaving him hanging. Shivaay was taken a back as he was expecting her to fight back. But instead she had just walked away. "Argh!" He couldn't help but let out a loud gasp in pain, as he tried getting off the bed once more. Annika came running back to the room and turned red seeing him trying to get off the bed despite her clear cut instructions. "MR. SHIVAAY SINGH OBEROI! I TOLD YOU TO STAY IN BED!" She stood by the doorway holding a slice of bread, which Shivaay was certain that she was trying hard not to throw at him. "Okay...fine! I won't! Just get me my phone..I have to call Khanna!"