The Floor is Lava

Shivaay woke up with a thumping headache. "What...what happened?" He tried to retrace his steps. Everything played in rewind in his mind. How he was swamped with work... Rudy made his favourite agave juice...Text message from Om. Bumped on to Annika and argued with her..Riding on her appalling scooter...the wind ruffling her silky hair, that tickled his nose at times...the scent of roses on her neck... What? "Snap out of it Shivaay!" He shook his head. "Bloody roses!" He swore reminding himself he is in fact allergic to them. His memory finally retraced back to the cause of it all....the moment he drank Rudy's cocktail. "RUDRAAAAAA! RUDRA SINGH OBEROI!" His scream echoed through the Oberoi mansion. "I told you he's going to kill you!" Om gave Rudy an I told you so look. The next thing they knew Shivaay stormed into Rudy's room, and started throwing anything and everything he got his hands on. Rudy started running around the room dodging, sometimes unsuccessfully. "Bhaiya...bhaiya...please listen to me! Listen...!!!" He had to duck as one of his newly purchased dumbbells just missed him by an inch. Om was holding on to his belly, laughing out loud. "AND YOU! WHY on earth are YOU laughing? After what you did yesterday!" Shivaay's wrath took a turn towards Om now for Rudy's relief. "Shivaay...Shivaay...listen...listen...!" And a book landed right across Om's face, and his nose started to bleed. "O...O...are you okay?" A worried Shivaay ran towards his brother, though he was angry at him, he didn't mean to hurt him. "I am okay Shivaay...are you?" Om asked knowing that his brothers' love had no bounds. Shivaay, exasperatedly took a deep breath. "What am I going to do with the two of you?" He shook his head when Rudy hugged him,"Bhaiya we love you!".

"O..seriously what happened yesterday?" Shivaay probed after his baby brother finally let go of him. "Honestly Shivaay, I don't know! I got a message that, one of my sculptures, and a painting I sent for a client has been stolen on it's way. I was on my way, when some goons surrounded the car! They...drugged me I think?..I could feel it...I struggled...eventually I remember them dragging me out of the car into that old house! I...I must have managed to text you right before that!" Om's face darkened.
"Do you remember their faces?" Shivaay asked.
"No Shivaay, they all had covered their face!"
"It must be Rajiv, and Daksh's goons for sure! They must be doing this to get to me! I am sorry O! I..I should have expected this!" Shivaay sighed.
"Shivaay...it's not your responsibility always to protect me! I should have been more careful!" Shivaay placed a reassuring pat on his brothers shoulder. An angry Shivaay, dialled Daksh Kurana's number.
"Well...Well...Look who called...the great unapologetic Shivaay Singh Oberoi! Finally...are you calling me to apologise?" Daksh taunted Shivaay, from the other side of the line.
"Daksh Kurana! I know you are many things,but never thought you are a coward, to hide behind and send goons to attack my brother to get to me?"
"Haha...why what happened? Your baby brother dumbbell Oberoi forgot to wear his nappy's today? Or is it Omkara...the artist...gone astray?" Daksh chuckled.
"Don't act like you don't know Daksh! We finish this off tonight! Old mills! One to one!" Shivaay offered Daksh a deal to stay away from his family.
" I have no clue what you are on about...wait...does this mean you are going to say sorry like a good boy?" Daksh asked.
"Huh...in your dreams Kurana...Shivaay Singh Oberoi will never apologise! How about you get to throw the first punch instead? " Shivaay negotiated, not ever wanting to grovel in front of Kurana. "Shivaay, what are you doing?" Om snatched the phone out of his hand, and Shivaay snatched it back.
"Interesting!...You know what...I don't care you let me punch you or not...I want to see you on your knees, apologising to me! If you are not going to do that, how about I get that pretty little servant girl of yours for MYSELF instead? The one you threw that punch for...What's her name? Oh yeah A..N..N..I..K..A."
"DAKSH KURANA! NOT A WORD MORE...OR I..." Shivaay clenched his fists, if Daksh was here right now, he will beat him to a pulp.
"Or WHAT? Shivaay? You seem to get worked up every time it's about her...pretty little thing I tell yeah...is she your mistress or something? Is that why you are getting all burnt up? If you want to finish this that's the deal! You give me Annika....or you apologise on your knees! After all Daksh Kurana gets what he wants!" Daksh Taunted Shivaay. Unable to control his anger, Shivaay threw his phone in air breaking it in to pieces.