Secrets

"Baagad Billa" Annika mumbled as Shivaay dashed off from the dressing room. She was rather surprised, and thankful that he didn't make her change into the other hundred and twenty outfits, Tia had in mind for the evening. Bhavya had not got back to her with an update on the photos, but she has said to look out for any guests, that Tej Singh Oberoi would mingle with at the party. Annika was yet to meet Tej Singh Oberoi. He had been out of Mumbai for business and was expected to return soon for the events planned for new investors at the Oberoi mansion. Jaanvi pretty much spent the whole day in her room, and Annika, still didn't get an opportunity to connect with her. She's been out of the limelight for quite sometime, despite being the eldest daughter in law of the family, rumour had it that she herself was a rising business woman, when she got married to Tej.  "Annika! These are the final dress codes for the weekly events we are going to have at the Oberoi Mansion. I need you to pass them on to everyone in the family!" Tia summoned her services. Yes! Finally she was going to get a chance to speak to Jaanvi.
"Okay sure Tia!, I'll get this done. Anything else?"
"Can you also make sure Shivaay's outfit is ready for the evening? He's suppose to be wearing a traditional Sherwani!"
"Err....okay..." Annika agreed hesitatingly, she didn't want to do anything remotely related to the great Stone Singh Oberoi.
"Annika make sure he wears it okay? Because all the guests are going to be in traditional outfits! You got me?" Tia ordered.
Humph...why was Tia making her do all of this? Isn't she suppose to make sure he wears it? Isn't she the wife? Rolling her eyes as Tia turned her back, Annika made her way upstairs, looking for Jaanvi. She bumped into Om.
"Oh hello Om! How was your trip?" She asked genuinely.
"Oh it was alright! How was everything here? Enjoying your work?"
"Err... Yeah!" Annika kept it short. Was she enjoying being here amongst the Oberois? No not really. But she had to if she was to find out who was responsible for her fathers death.
"Are you looking for someone? Maybe Shivaay?" OM asked with a cheeky smile.
"Why would I be looking for him?" Annika retorted.
"Woah! Boy you two really don't like each other don't you? You guys are so much a like!" Om laughed.
"OM I am not like him! I can never be him, he's arrogant, annoying, irrtating, snobbish, and...and did I mention annoying?" Annika huffed.
" Alight alright!...So if not Shivaay who are you looking for mademoiselle?" Om asked her not wanting to participate in badmouthing his beloved brother.
"Anyway I am looking for your mom Mrs.Oberoi actually. Tia asked me to give these dress codes to everyone. Oh by the way this is your one. Can you please give one to Rudy also?" Annika handed over the cards to Om who made a face looking at the colour codes. He clearly didn't appreciate someone else telling which colours he should be wearing. After all he was an artist.
"Oh I can give mom too if you like!" Om offered.
"Ah no it's okay, there is some other stuff Tia wanted me to pass on. I'll tell her myself!"
"By the way she would hate it if you call her Mrs. Oberoi! She's not that old anyway!"
"Thanks for the advise Om! Where's her room now?" Annika asked.
"Just take the second right and go up the stairs, after you pass the pool!"
Annika hurried off before Om offered more help. It was important for her to find out about Mr. Tej Singh Oberoi, and who else would be better than the wife, to unravel the secrets of a husband.

She knocked on the door, and there was no answer. "Jaanvi Aunty!" Annika knocked again. There was no response. The door was open ajar, and it wasn't locked. Maybe this was another opportunity presenting it self, and her inner Sherlock advised her to snoop around. However she was expecting Jaanvi's room to be much more delightful than this. There wasn't a single picture of the family, her sons, nor herself or her husband in the room. Instead there was a ghastly orange colour carpet by the bed, "Yuck who has an orange colour carpet?". The wall paper in the room was a dusky night blue, and she noticed that the bedsheets were a lighter shade of grey,"How depressing!". On the side table by the sitting area, there was a coffee machine brewing a new batch, making the air toasty with the freshly brewed coffee scent . There was another familiar scent in the room, which she couldn't figure out, and she strangely liked it. Apart from that there wasn't anything interesting in this room. It was too neat, and tidy for her liking. She thought to place the shade cards on the bed and come back at a time Jaanvi was actually around. Snooping around in such a tidy room wouldn't do her any good, her common sense warned her.