A ghost from the past

1 month earlier....

"So Annika beta, ready for orientation?" The bald body guard who she had previously met when she was kidnapped, had turned out to be a sweet man. He often shared advise with her, when the general was not around. They had bonded over adrak chai and over the past few weeks, when Annika was introduced the world of the organisation. "I don't know Veer Kaka..." She said nervously. She saw how people feared the general. She had got an all access pass to this dangerous world, and today was the day she was going to be a part of it officially. "You'll be fine! You know sometimes I see her in you. I just hope you won't let the power that comes with all this to change you the way it did her. She was as brave as you...I remember the first day I drove her up for orientation." Veer sighed. "The general...have you seen her for real? So you have met the woman behind the mask?" She could see the hesitation in his face to answer this. "It's okay Veer Kaka...I...understand you don't have to share that with me. That will possibly get you in trouble! But thank you...if you weren't around...I don't think I could have gone through this all!" She held his hand, reassuring him that they were still okay. "It's time..." He escorted her through the lift of another construction site.

It was similar to the one she was first held captive. Annika could hear her heart beating loud. She had made a decision betting on her life, for Shivaay. She just hoped this would all be worth it at the end of it. She recalled the last fight they had "Who knows? What people can do when it comes to money and power? Sworn brothers turn enemies...From the Pandavs to the Kauravas...History repeats! So what faith you can have on a so called friend?" Brothers...A twin Brother...If it's not Shivaay, could it be Shravaan? Her heart knew Shivaay couldn't have been the one to kill her father. She connected the dots one by one, that day. Shakti's letter...General kidnapping Shravaan...perhaps he wasn't killed at all. Perhaps, he became a soldier too. General won't be stupid to waste a great opportunity as such, now would she? It was too suspicious that the general was the one to handover the evidence to Bhavya. How did she have this footage all this time with her? Annika just had to play the part right to get close to her, to find out the truth. S.S.O's reaction, and bringing in Tia, was the perfect moment, to execute her plan. She could gain the trust of the general if she played her cards right. She had secretly made a call to Bhavya, who had warned her that this maybe dangerous, and she was not going to take the risk of placing bugs on her to spy on the general.

"I can't believe you are going to do this Annika...this is practically suicide?"

"I need to know Bhavya...If Shravaan is still alive...I need to find him...If he's the one who killed papa...I need to bring him to justice!"

" I can't believe you are going to this length to prove Shivaay Singh Oberoi is not involved in this! But this is your choice...as your friend all I can do is support you. But hey! Be careful...One advise...never let them find out that you are a double agent. I won't be able to give you police protection for this you understand? If you call me next time, I'll assume you are in deep shit, and you need me to blow your cover, okay?" Annika agreed. Knowing that Bhavya will help her if she needed was a great relief.

The lift made it's way down to the basement, and Veer escorted her through a doorway that led to a tunnel. "She said, when you reach the dead end, take the left tunnel, and that will take you to her. Your on your own beta, Good luck!" Veer left her.  She had always hated dark spaces. This tunnel business was making her more nervous than usual. She used the flash light given to her, but it still freaked her out. "It's okay Annika...you can do it!" She kept mumbling to herself. She finally reached the end of it. Did Veer kaka say to go left or right? It was left...yes he said left. The moment she was about to take the left tunnel, she heard a sound. It was a sound of metal clinking. She decided to ignore this, and to get along with the task at hand, when she heard the noise again. Curiosity in Annika couldn't rest, until she investigated. One day you are going to get killed. Her curiosity got the better of her over her good sense. She took a right instead of left and followed the sound.