Sweet Surrender

"Annika! Why are you taking so long? Come down we are playing spin the bottle!" Malika screamed from downstairs. Malika would have suggested to play this game, in the hope of getting to know Shivaay better. She was one smart cookie. When Annika came down, she saw the gang seated around the coffee table. "Since you didn't make us Chai, I made us Rudy's special punch!" Rudy presented a half full jug to Annika. She noticed that they were all smiling a bit more than usual. Looking at Shivaay's smile on his face, Annika was annoyed. She wanted to wipe that carefree handsome smile off of his face at any cost. The video kept replaying in her head, and she knew it was not the right time to confront him. She was going to persevere. Annika poured herself a big glass of punch and gulped it down in one go. She poured herself another glass and sat down next to Rudy. Malika, and Shivaay were already laughing at one of their secret jokes. Malika had outdone herself in convincing him to trust her. A better job than she ever managed to do. Good she thought. The sooner she get's him to deal with his DID, he won't be able to use it as an excuse to get away from justice. She will avenge her father's death. Shivaay was a murderer, and she was going to get him what he deserved. She poured herself another glass of punch. Om decided to share his truth, and he gave an ode to his brother. The great Mr. Shivaay Singh Oberoi, who saved him from the depths of addiction. The two brothers, made the room emotional, sharing a hug, and Annika saw Malika wiping off a tear secretly. If she didn't know the truth...if she didn't see what she saw, she would have never believed, this man, in front of her,could be ever this evil. She had seen him beat Daksh Kurana to a pulp and send him to ICU...but that was to protect her wasn't it not? Time and time again, it was evident, that Shivaay would go to the extent of hurting someone else, to protect the ones he loved and cared for. She was his friend after all. If he could do that for a friend, maybe he killed his father this to protect Tej. Maybe it was S.S.O his black and white other personality. Nevertheless aren't they the one and the same?

Finally it was Shivaay's turn to answer. Annika, didn't know if she was doing the right thing. The alcohol in the punch maybe clouding her judgement, but it was a chance. This was the chance she was going to give him to come clean. Accept that it was him who killed her father.

" So Mr. Oberoi...What is the worst thing you've ever done in life?". OmRu and Malika looked at her surprised. Annika continued to stare at Shivaay, directly in his eyes. Unsure what was going on Shivaay laughed. "Well...worst thing? I don't know...maybe making friends with you?" He guffawed. Everyone laughed except for Annika. " Do you ever feel that you are guilty of something?" She asked again.

"Err...don't you get like one question?" Shivaay, raised an eyebrow, confused, sensing her resentment. " You didn't answer me Mr.Shivaay Singh Oberoi...Did you ever do something so unforgivable, that you are guilty of?" Shivaay looked on unable to understand where all this wrath was falling upon on him from.

"Annika didi what is this? You are asking our Bhaiya this? if he is guilty of anything would be raising both of us, when our parents mucked up everything...he raised us...he took over all responsibilities...all burdens...for us...for both of US! What is wrong with you?" Rudy was rather annoyed at Annika's sudden public interrogation of his brother.

Shivaay, noticed, Annika's eyes turning red. She was about to breakdown. She was almost shaking, and he could see that she was in pain. Annika stood up to leave. She couldn't take it anymore. She thought she was strong. She was going to get to the bottom of this like a rational human being. But the pain of losing her father, and the vivid brutal images of his passing, haunted her. Her blood was boiling with a thirst for nothing but revenge. Shivaay followed her upstairs, as the others looked on confused.