A goodbye to remember

The mask man was tapping his fingers as Annika approached him nervously.

"Where were you last night?"

"I..I had car trouble and then the damn rain..got lost in the woods. I just got back!" She lied.

"Look at me? Are you lying to me little miss sunshine?" He lifted her chin with his gloved finger.

"Think whatever you want! I just told you what happened!"

"Alright! I believe you!" He took her hand in his. She was almost shaking when he angrily pressed the lighter that had the same branding of the organisation, burning the skin of her palm again over the healed wound.

"Aaaaaaaaargh" she screamed.

"You remember? Our pact?" She could hear him breathing behind the mask.

How could she forget? The day she sold her soul to the devil. She recalled how she agreed to do whatever it takes for revenge. But she also didn't know, why she didn't reveal all to the mask man and the general either. For some reason she couldn't tell them that Shivaay had a personality disorder. This was valuable information, they could have used against him. When the mask man relayed his plan to ruin Shivaay Singh Oberoi, and erase him for good, she couldn't let him do that either. She wanted him to live. "S.S.O=Shivaay...Shivaay=S.S.O"the same damn equation kept running through her mind.No matter how much she wanted S.S.O to be punished, she couldn't lose Shivaay. Maybe that's why no matter what her instructions were that day from the general, she just jumped in between the bullet and him.

"I want him to suffer, lose everything but I dont want him to die..." Annika had told the masked man.

"What? Why? Don't you want revenge little miss sunshine?" He had asked her perplexed.

"Because living would be much harder..." She lied. The truth was if Shivaay died, she will cease to exist. Her heart beated for him. She justified it as saving herself. She came back to the present as the masked man touched her forehead curiously. Wiping off the dried out blood.

"What's this on your forehead? Blood? Did you hit your head somewhere?" He asked curiously.

"Must be...I...I got lost in the woods last night trying to find network..maybe a branch hit me or something!" She quickly fixed her hair, and stepped away from him.

"Hmmm...you are prone to accidents these days...I wonder if it is something to do with Shivaay Singh Oberoi getting out on bail..?"

"What? He's out on bail? How could this happen? You...You told me that he won't get out...How did he get out?" She played along worried sick. Perhaps he already knew about Kulfi...

"I intend to find out...I heard he's bunking with his sweet doctor, Dr. Malika Arora, who testified that he has some personality disorder? Did you know about this?"

"What?....What do you mean?" Annika pretended.

"Hmmmnn So you didn't know about it? It's alright little Miss Sunshine...this will work in our favour! I gave you my word that I will let him live behind bars because you wanted to see him suffer...but outside I can't guarantee he'll breath much longer! He better get his ass back into jail soon!"

"I...I hope so.." She sighed.

                        —————————————————————————————————————————
Shivaay was smiling from ear to ear and Malika found it to be annoying. "Oi..Shivaay...why are you smiling so much you look weird!" She showed concern. "Ahhh nothing..." He shrugged. All he was doing was replaying last night he spent with Annika in his head over and over again. He couldn't wait for the day to end, so he can see her at office the next day. "Hey Mr. Oberoi! FOCUS Did you find anything?" She snapped her fingers at him.