A Safe House

"Shivaay!...Shivaay!" Annika started shaking him, as all she could see was crimson blood staining Shivaay's white cloths. She did not know what to do for the first time in her life. She felt helpless. "You...You can't...You can't...this is not happening right now! SHIVAAY...SHIVAAY SINGH OBEROI!" She bellowed frustrated demanding him to open his eyes. She was not going to let death take him away. Death had stolen so much from her...and she was not going to let Shivaay be one of them. She took courage and though it seemed like an impossible task, she started dragging him to safety. "ANNIKA ARE YOU ALRIGHT? EVERYONE GO TO THE ROOF TOP!" Thank god it was Bhavya. Just on time. "ANNIKA are you alright?" Bhavya knelt next to a panic stricken Annika, who really didn't know what was going on. She held on tightly to Shivaay, not wanting anyone to touch him, hurt him. He was lying in a pool of his own blood. "ANNIKA SNAP OUT..WE HAVE TO TAKE MR. OBEROI OUT OF HERE!" Bhavya shook her up, and helped her to carry Shivaay out of the mansion. "You stay with him! I don't think we can take him to the hospital now! It won't be safe for him, we'll go to a safe house! I am going to go and bring the doctor there...can you take him to the location I am sharing now? ANNIKA? ANNIKA?" Bhavya kept asking Annika to make sure she understood her instructions.  She has never seen Annika so lost before. She always was the one to come up with the solutions..for some reason seeing Shivaay Singh Oberoi lie unconscious seemed to have drained the life out of her dear friend. "ANNIKA DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME! YOU HAVE TO BE STRONG!" Bhavya shook her.  Annika wiped her eyes, and took on the wheel. She was not going to let anything happen to Shivaay. She will never ever be able to forgive herself if anything happened to him. Why on earth did he have to come back? She clearly told him to leave...when will this stubborn, irritating man will ever listen to her? Wait till he opens his eyes, she was going to give him an earful. Will he open his eyes? She had never felt this restless to look in to his piercing blue eyes again. He better open his eyes.

Annika drove like a maniac, following the GPS location Bhavya shared. She kept glancing at Shivaay, who was lying almost lifeless in the back seat. He was turning pale. She had to hurry up. The tires screeched as she reached the location. Bhavya followed her soon after as promised. Annika, Bhavya, and the doctor carried Shivaay into a dingy old one bedroom house and placed him on the bed. Bhavya closed up the curtains, and set up four camping lights around the bed, so the good doctor can get in to work.  She set up a couple of portable medical machines, that can monitor his vitals. The doctor asked help from Annika to remove Shivaay's shirt to observe him. She shakily removed the buttons of the shirt, and took off the blood drenched garment off of him. The doctor instructed to place him on his side, observing his torso, for the entry and exit wounds. Annika closed her eyes tight, as she noticed his jagged skin, and a bullet wound right behind his right shoulder blade. He was hurt...he was bleeding...there was a fucking hole in his body...because of her. Because he tried to protect her. Annika could feel a sharp pain that made her feel sick to her stomach. She couldn't imagine the pain he was going through right now. "Come here hold him in place! Until I take this bullet out! Thankfully it has not gone in deep! The other wound is superficial, it has just brushed his right arm. We have to control bleeding so I need you to keep applying pressure!" The doctor grabbed her hand and placed a bunch of gauze and instructed her to tend to the wound on his right arm as he worked meticulously removing the shrapnel. Annika winced as the doctor injected cocktails of pain killers and anaesthetics to Shivaay. She recalled the time he was hesitating to treat a small scratch on her forehead, and how he had struggled at the sight of blood. She wondered how he would feel now if he was awake. The doctor worked fast, and meticulously. "Inspector! It's done! I've done what I can! He had lost a lot of blood. So we need transfusion. I have set it up. He can get secondary infections...he can still go in to medical shock. He should be in a hospital not in here.Keep an eye on the machines, so far his heart is looking okay...his pulse is weak...so we have to look out for cardiac arrest..." Annika looked desperately at Bhavya trying to understand all the medical jargon the doctor just threw at them. "Bhavya....can...can we take him to the hospital? If...what if...something goes wrong!"
"Right now he is safest here...once he gains consciousness, we'll move him to a different place...and a hospital...I'll be in touch with his security team...but right now I have to make sure Mr. Oberoi is safe...and here I know he will be!" Bhavya reassured her.