A maze

"SHIVAAY!" Tej Singh Oberoi, screamed. "Papa...why are you screaming? Is everything okay?" Rudy came running to his father, knowing exactly what was bothering him. "Call your brother NOW!" Tej ordered. S.S.O, descended from the stairs, cooly as if nothing really happened. "Ah Bade papa...what's up?" He asked casually. "What's up? What's this language Shivaay? First of all tell me what this girl Annika said is it true? Did you marry her?". Tej was irritated when S.S.O just shrugged making a funny face. "What does that suppose to mean Shivaay? Did you marry her or NOT?" Tej questioned him again. Before Shivaay could answer Annika butted in. "Mr. Oberoi...I am really really sorry...please forgive both of us. I...I should I have told you earlier...but Shivaay didn't want to disappoint you...so he asked me for time...and I didn't have patience to wait...that's why I came here as Tia's assistant. After all he's my husband...and I can't bear to see him with someone else! I am so sorry I know it was a big deal for the business!". S.S.O's eyes widened, surprised at the rate of this woman's ability to brew up a cocktail of lies within mere seconds. "Seriously? You are kidding me? Bade papa don't listen to this woman! She's L...." Before he could finish his sentence, a thundering slap landed on his face that echoed in the whole Oberoi mansion. Annika, OmRu jumped at Tej Singh Oberoi's anger channeled on to S.S.O. Strangely he just stood their, glaring at Tej with his emerald eyes, and sneering, as if it didn't even hurt a little. " After all I did for you, is this how you repay me? Getting married to some servant girl, that's also in secret! And you kept all of us in the dark! What were you thinking? You are going to get away with all of this? Tia was your perfect match!" Tej rambled on in anger. "You mean to say the perfect choice for the organisation Bade Papa?" S.S.O raised an eyebrow.

Tej clenched his fist and this time OmRu was sure he was going to do more than slap Shivaay, and whether or not this was their real brother, they were not going to let there father become a monster. "Mr. Oberoi...enough...Shivaay has lived his life for others all his life...once in his life he does something for himself...what is wrong with that?" Om interfered. "Omkara stay out of this!" Tej warned his eldest."No papa...O is right! What's done is done! Annika is our Bhabi now...and Bhaiya deserves happiness! Not a business deal with Tia! He would have been miserable...like...you and mom" Rudy exclaimed. "RUDRA!" Tej raised his hand, as Rudy touched a topic that was the bitter truth. S.S.O stepped in between and held his hand protecting Rudy. " Not this pretty face! Poor boy, he's still in college Bade papa...how many girls will be heart broken!" He smirked. "Shivaay, that's enough!" Tej was taken back by Shivaays peculiar disrespectful behaviour. "Bade papa your spat is with me..not Rudra or Omkara...so man up!" He taunted Tej. "SMACK!" Another slap from Tej Singh Oberoi landed on his other cheek and all he did was sneer. Annika was startled seeing Tej this angry. He didn't take disobedience lightly. She wondered for a moment, if this was the same anger that reflected upon her dear father. She sensed a slight satisfaction when S.S.O stood up to Tej. Would Shivaay ever do that? Why wouldn't he? He would give his life, for the ones he loved. WHAT? For the ones he loved? Does he? No...He can't be... "STOP IT! STOP IT!" Annika screamed at her train of thought to apply breaks. She didn't realise she was doing that out aloud, now all the Oberoi's were staring at her as if she's gone mad. "Err....I meant...Stop fighting please! It is our elders right to correct us if we are wrong! But what you are doing now Mr. Oberoi is wrong! Shivaay and I are married...we love each other very much...though he's not accepting it in front of you because he's worried to disappoint you!" She stepped on S.S.O's foot who was about to say something and held his hand, almost digging her nails in to his skin. He glared at her with his emerald green eyes, and he couldn't help but notice her outstanding improvisation skills. This woman he thought that was an imbecile, was throwing a very convincing act, making everyone believe, that she was Shivaay's wife. He was slightly impressed.

———————————————————————————
Shivaay woke up in the darkness again. He placed a hand on his bullet wound, and he could feel a scab forming.  His wound was healing. It took a moment for him to realise that he was still trapped. Outside it was pitch black, there was no sign of  the T.V. Screens lighting up today. S.S.O, was clearly busy. He wondered if Annika was safe.  He leaned against the glass, and looked up, almost praying for a miracle. "Wait a minute! Shivaay...think! Think!", he suddenly felt that this location was familiar. He noticed that the transparent walls continued down further than where he was, forming a complicated maze. It was more like a glass tunnel, that he could walk through, he just had to figure out how to get out of here. "I...I Know this place! I have been here before!" He kept mumbling to himself, and wrecked his brains trying to recall. "C'mon Shivaay you never forget remember! Try to remember" he closed his eyes tight. The familiarity he felt in this place was unforgettable also the strange sense of security it gave him. It felt like an invisibility cloak protecting him from all the bad things happening around him. But this time, it was different. This time he wanted to break this damn walls, and get out. He had to make sure Annika was alright. S.S.O was not someone who tolerated non-compliance and Annika didn't even know what that meant.