Unfaithful

Annika was shaking in anger seeing Shivaay's smug face. She could swear his usual blue eyes had turned emerald green and he looked like the devil himself. His voice recording played over and over in her head. It had detailed what she must exactly follow if she ever wants to see his brother ever again. She couldn't understand why a man a few days ago, who defended her honour, despite come what may, put his life in danger, would ask her to do this now. What was he gaining? "Tick tock..tick tock..!" He taunted her reminding the wretched time. "Shivaay...Please...please...you can't do this? Why are you doing this? Why are you asking me to do this? I don't understand!" Annika started breaking down. She sat on the floor and made her self in to a ball feeling so small. "We'll find out soon enough now won't we!" He smacked his lips, which was another irritating habit he had picked up in such a short time span. He never used to. "C'mon now get ready!" He ordered her. "You get dressed and be outside in 10 minutes!"
"NO I will NOT do this! You hear me! I won't! I know I know you won't hurt Saahil...he's just a child...and Billu ji...how could you? You... You have OmRu.. How could you even think of hurting my brother...he's all I have...Please...!" She pleaded once more.

"You have only seen one side of me...time to find out what I am on the other side!" He pulled her up and held her by her hair, his eyes spitting fire, at her non-compliance. " YOU DO WHAT I SAY OR YOUR BROTHER WILL PAY FOR IT! Every time you say NO...I'll make sure they break one little toe at a time...on his good leg...how does that sound to you?" He bellowed in anger. Annika was shaking, not being able to recognise this image of Shivaay Singh Oberoi in front of her. He was sinister...he was evil..he was the devil.

Seeing a sign of compliance from Annika, he let her go, "Now get ready! GO!". Annika couldn't see a way out of this. Usually her voice of reason always worked with Shivaay. Today it seemed like he was from an alternate universe. Shivaay Singh Oberoi was a man who loved his family, and would do anything for his family. What he was going to do today, would cause a scandal, would cause chaos. This all had gone out of hand. How can he flip so quick. She didn't understand. Annika stood under the shower, trying to cool down, and make sense of all of this. As the cold water gushed through the shower, all she could think was... "It's not him...he will never do this...!" She couldn't believe why she was still rooting for him. She hated herself for that. She hated him for that. Annika got ready in the red cocktail dress he had bought for her. It was an off shoulder dress, that hugged her body in all the right places. She had her hair tied up, and put on rouge, as he'd instructed her.  Annika was shaking, she had never been this nervous in her life. It was almost time. "AH...Miss Annika Harshwardhan Trivedi! Looking Hawt! Come my fire cracker! Let's crack shit up! Let's bring the world down together shall we now?"  What the heck had happened to his vocabulary? He'd never talk to her this way. He sounded a bit manic even, as he laughed out loud. "Shivaay? Is everything okay? Why are you doing this? Please there is still time...you can stop this...Please I beg you!" She pleaded. "FYI I don't give two shits for begging! That was the whole point of all of this, to get you to be on your knees and follow my orders...P.S...call me S.S.O...I like it better" He winked his usual blue eyes now gleaming in green, giving him a snake like appearance. Annika gasped as he held her hand and took her out to the porch. In the morning they both had sat there sipping coffee, staring at the first monsoon as it came pouring down. Who'd knew they'll be standing here the same place, ending the day with this ugly, bitter memory. "9,8,7,6, 5.." He started counting. He held her hands in his, and moved close enough that she could feel his breath on her face, that irked her. She was trembling, knowing what's going to happen next. "3..2..1.." He kissed her.

The safe house was suddenly surrounded by camera's...lights...and a bunch of journalist, who came dashing into get them on camera. Shivaay ignored all of this and kept kissing her for a good minute that felt like a hundred years. She didn't know how to bear all of this. She remembered the first time she felt his lips on hers, when he resuscitated her in that old store room. Her  heart  had simply stopped, and though it never was even a kiss, she recalled how he shyly averted her eyes, and looked away not wanting to make her uncomfortable. Shivaay Singh Oberoi she knew was a gentleman. This man who was kissing her in front of cameras, making some godforsaken statement, was an asshole. Having had enough and keeping her end of the bargain, Annika pushed him away with all her might. Though she didn't want to she couldn't stop tears from falling off. He did't seem to care at all. She could see the smirk on his face as he wiped his lips, that he was enjoying this torture.