Polygraph...

" Annika what are you thinking so much about?" Neil poured a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice for her. "Look I know you are shaken by all of this...I can only imagine what you are going through right now...But I have to admit he's right! The kids deserve to know their real dad! Period! " Neil explained. "You are their dad...and that's enough!" Annika said stubbornly gulping the orange juice down. "Sweetheart...and I promise you, I always will be...but the truth is Shivaay is their real dad. And I remember how crazy you went when the hospital put my name down as their father in the brith certificate. YOU, made sure...that they had his name! YOU wanted to make sure that they knew who he was! At least his name!" He reminded her. "That was when I thought he was dead! I..I think I wanted to keep his memory alive through them...I..I was an idiot!" She said regretting her decision. " I think you wanted him to be alive all this time...and now that he's back you are scared...Maybe you are scared that you will lose Ansh and Shivi to him? Hell I should be the one to be scared...I know how much you love him...I should be scared that you will run back to him!" Neil jokingly put his arm around her. "You are mad Neil...I used to love him... I mourned him enough all these years...you were there for me through it all...I will never leave you! Never!" She hugged him. "See...my point...exactly...I trust you! Trust your kids...Ansh and Shivi...they will never ever choose Shivaay over you! You are that one constant in their life...and he was not!" Neil was right He had a way of talking through to her, making her see the other side of things. She wiped her tears, and held his hands. " I don't know what my life would be without you!" She said truly grateful!. " Me neither!" He hugged her back.

                                —————————————————————————————————————-

Shivaay was meeting OmRu and their wives for the first time. He was so nervous, he cleaned the house twice. He decided to make their favourite dishes. "Ding Dong!" The bell rang. He quickly popped the dinner in the oven, and wiped his hands off the kitchen towel, tucking it back in his jeans. He was wearing a black shirt that was not ironed, so he quickly tucked half of it in before opening the door. For his surprise, it was Annika, and Neil. Annika scanned him from top to bottom, unable to believe that it was Shivaay Singh Oberoi standing in front of her. Shivaay, who always had his hair fixed, had nothing but jackets or formals in his wardrobe was walking around in scruffy jeans. "Err..Sorry for coming unannounced. We were in the neighbourhood, and Annika wanted to say something to you...But I think it's not a good time...Are you expecting some company? Date night?" Neil winked. "Ah...No..No...It's fine...Come in...my brothers...they are coming to see me...come in.." He scratched the back of his head and invited them both in.

Shivaay took a glimpse at Annika who was wearing a black glittery saree. She had grown more beautiful over the years. Her hair was now almost touching her waist. She had Long earrings adorning her ears. The long sleeves of her blouse, were transparent, the material was making a floral design contrasting with her skin. She had worn silver bangles on one hand. Neil escorted her inside, and they took a seat on the couch by the fire place. "Err..Let me get you something to drink!" He rushed to get them some drinks. "Oh...No buddy...we are okay! Nice Place you got here! We are heading out for dinner after a fundraiser at Ansh and Shivi's school. We are good, since you are expecting guests, we'll make it quick! Annika?" Neil prompted Annika to initiate a conversation. She was strangely struggling to build up a complete sentence. " Errr...You are the father...You should...They should..." She mumbled on. Shivaay gulped down a glass of water, and sat in front of them trying to decode her broken message. "Alright! What she's trying to say is...You should get a chance to get to know Ansh and Shivi...So we would like you to have some quality time with them, to get to know them!" Neil translated. Shivaay was about to jump in joy! "Oh my god! THANK YOU! THANK YOU SO MUCH! THANK YOU NEIL! THANK YOU ANNIKA! I promise...I promise you I will do my best!" Excited, he hugged them both. Annika awkwardly, got away, from his hold. The only familiar thing about him now was his aftershave, Sea breeze...and knowing that she secretly inhaled his scent, made her feel uncomfortable.  "Neil..we should leave now! Err..I'll text you to let you know or Neil will text you...when you can meet them...I..I have to tell them first..." She was about to walk out leaving Neil behind, who was now shaking hands with Shivaay. For her dismay on top of being flustered, she opened the door to find OmRu standing on the front porch.