7 years of Bad luck?

It was a cold spring morning when Shivaay stepped out from his hotel in London. He looked at his watch and sighed. It's been 2555 days since Annika disappeared  from the phase of the earth. Fighting for his life, 3 months in a coma, and after serving a 4 year prison sentence, he had to hide his identity for 2 more years, under witness protection. For the world he was a dead man. Shivaay Singh Oberoi, did not exist. Though he kept in touch, with his brothers and Daadi, he refused to see them, for the time he was serving his sentence. Though he was paying for someone else's crimes, his own brother Shravaan's, the sacrifice he made, ensured Annika's safety. Both from the organisation, and the law. He felt nervous for the first time in a long time, as he aspired to build a new life for himself. A life away from the great Oberoi empire back in Mumbai, that was now crumbled into pieces. Om had moved to Italy, pursuing his art, and Rudy was finishing his masters in Glasgow. His brother's will be finally uniting with him, in London soon. Malika, had been a great friend, and continued with his psychotherapy. One of the reasons for him to start his new life, here was that. That day when S.S.O took the bullet for Annika, was the last day, he had heard from him. When he finally came back alive, after 3 months, that was the loneliest he had ever felt. Some of S.S.O's traits had absorbed into him over the years. He had strangely even started to analyse certain situations like him, objectively. It was hard to accept that S.S.O was gone, but he was also grateful to him, for saving the love of his life. Annika...where are you?  He would often ask, praying for her to be happy...be well. Now after so many years, he was a complete man. Yet a man without an identity, one that is stronger for what he went through, but also vulnerable. He had changed. He lived in the moment. He would stop by, to smell a freshly bloomed rose, without being afraid of his allergies. He would appreciate the sun when it shines over him in the mornings. He would stop by and enjoy an adrak chai from a random street stall, and find eating spicy Maggie noodles, on a rainy day comforting. He had discovered Shivaay, who he was truly... apart from being an Oberoi.

Daadi was proud of him, and blessed him with all her heart before he left India.

"Putter you did the right thing! You are the bravest person I know and I am so proud that I can say I am Shivaays grandmother."

"Not Shivaay Singh Oberoi?"

"Putter You are your own person....You will build your own identify beyond the Oberoi' name! It's just a surname...A name, now I can be proud of, because of you and OmRu! Now go meet your brothers!"

Shivaay hailed a taxi. He was starting a small construction company by the names of the three brothers in London. He was going to buy old houses in remote suburbs, renovate, and re-sell. He was never a handy man, was extremely careless with tools. But during his prison sentence, times he got to build, paint, were times of meditation for him. He looked at the calluses in his fingers and smiled. He wondered if Annika would even recognise him, if she sees him now. He didn't even grow a beard. He loved his ripped denims, and a casual shirt over his suites. Today he was going to see a property, he bought off an auction. A small cottage, in Sussex. Though the weather was slightly chilly, he put the shutter down. He closed his eyes, as the wind blew through his unkempt hair. The taxi screeched and came to a halt and the driver went berserk, yelling at some kids, " OYE...YOU BRATS! Don't you look left and right before you cross the road! THESE BLOODY CURRY'S ". Shivaay popped his head out to see what was the commotion about. He saw a small girl, in a school uniform, glaring at the driver holding a small puppy in her hands. Her eyes were gleaming emerald, and even he got a bit startled, at her arrogant stare.

" OYE YOU FAT OLD YORKSHIRE PUDDING! Don't you look left and right before you drive at a crossroad? You almost ran over Toby!" Shivaay couldn't help but laugh at the come back.