Halo Effect

How? How could this be? Shivaay and S.S.O two sides of the same coin. What did she sign up for? On one hand Annika wanted to be there for her friend. On the other hand she just wanted to run away. Run away far away from this complicated, mind boggling situation. Shivaay and S.S.O in their own were too much to handle. Knowing that they are just one, just made it all worse. She shakily flipped the pages of the patient file when Malika snatched it back from her."Sorry Annika, Doctor and Patient confidentiality, I can't let you read through my dad's diagnosis...err..it won't be fair on Shivaay!" . Annika nodded acknowledging.

" Malika...but...does this mean..Shivaay knows about his other personality?" Annika asked curiously and answered it herself " I think he knows...S.S.O told me that sometimes they can talk...he couldn't explain it to me...but he said that he takes over when there is something needs to be fixed...and he also said that he is the one that lives through his pain...".

"Hmmmn...remember Annika...you have to be very careful what you say...I don't think Shivaay still identifies S.S.O as himself!" Malika shared her expert opinion.

" How...how can I help?" Annika had lines of worry forming on her forehead.

" You really do care for him...I can see that from the way you worry...but this can be overwhelming news for anybody...especially for a newlywed. Knowing what I know about this...and since I believe we have become good friends..can I give you an advise?" Malika held Annika's hands. "You should leave...leave when you can...From what I saw these past few days...you guys are still getting to know each other...you haven't really...err...I shouldn't it's not my place.." Malika turned her back to Annika.

" Malika...I know you care for me...and truly I am thankful...to tell you the truth...I...I didn't sign up for any of this...I want to leave...I want to run away from all of this!" Annika confided in Malika with tears pooling in her eyes.

" If that's what you want...I'll help you...but is that what you really want?" Malika asked her again.

" To be honest...I don't know what I want...on one hand I just want to run away...on the other hand...I can't...I don't think I can leave him right now...Daadi sent us here for a reason...Whatever your dad did last time, it worked. I am the one...I am the reason this is happening again...I am the reason..S.S.O came back!" Annika started sobbing and Malika hugged her tight.

" Shhh....you can't blame yourself for this! It's not your fault! I am sure a lot of stressful things would have happened to Shivaay for this to trigger! Om almost died...then he got shot at..." Annika pulled away from her and wiped her tears. "How..How do you know about all that?"

"Does it matter how I know? A good doctor should always do the research...and I always do my research before I take up on any subject!"

"Subject? Look Malika...Shivaay is a living and breathing human being...I don't want you to treat him like some..some...thesis of yours...or a project!"  Annika huffed.

" Calm down girl! Geeeez...fine I won't call him subject again! I did my research on Shivaay's case beforehand when dad told me that you were coming here. I think you can be a big part of this...if you decide to stay back! I don't care if it is your guilt or love for him...from what I saw the past few days, I think the guy is head over heals for you...this might actually help us"  Annika's face flushed, as Malika relaid her analysis. Seriously? Malika was clearly mistaken. Shivaay head over heals over her? No way...not in this life time...never.

"Err if you are referring to the past couple of days...it's  S.S.O..his other personality...not him..." Annika clarified.

"Oh wow...brilliant...so does this mean both personalities are in love with you? This is amazing! this is outstanding! Fascinating! This might actually help!" Malika started scribbling down some notes, in the patient file, and started to dig up some research in her computer.