Chapter 4

After Malaysia and Steven were done eating, they started walking to their cars.

"I ain't never taste pizza that good. Damn", said Steven.

"I know right. I don't even like pizza like that but I'll come here anytime", said Malaysia.

"So...why'd you change your name? You wanted to get away from me that bad?", he asked.

"...more so I just wanted start a new life. A new identity", said Malaysia. "That meant leaving everybody else behind"

Steven didn't say anything.

"But...I'm glad you found. It was nice seeing you and I'm glad you got the chance to know the truth...something I should've told you a long time ago", said Malaysia as they stopped at their cars.

"Don't bring it up. I'm still trying to process things", said Steven.

"I'm sorry", said Malaysia.

"But I'm glad you're okay. I didn't know if you were dead or alive", said Steven. "Glad to know you're alright."

"Vice versa", said Malaysia.

"But um I'll see you when we have to do the divorce right?", he said.

"Things can be mailed", said Malaysia.

"...still gotta meet with lawyers and stuff", said Steven.

"Right", said Malaysia.

"But I'm about to go", he said with his arms out for a hug.

Malaysia hesitated at first but she went in for a hug.

Steven began kissing her instead.

Malaysia slowly began kissing her back.

She eventually stopped and put her head on his chest and hugged him.

"Bye Steven", she said.

"If you wanna try this again...we can. We can communicate better and get through our problems together. Just say the word", said Steven.

"...no", said Malaysia as she pulled away. "Nah. I think the divorce is best for us"

Steven nods. "Okay", said Steven. "Okay...I'll see you eventually. Just give me a date"

"Okay", he replied.

"Alright", said Malaysia.

"Bye", said Steven.

"Bye.", said Malaysia.

Malaysia and Steven got into their cars.

They both sat back and sighed before starting the car.

Malaysia pulled out of the parking lot and called Jaquavius. She was surprised to hear him answer.

"Hello?", he said.

"You busy? I think we need to talk", said Malaysia.

"Amber, look—"

"That's not my name", said Malaysia.

"What?", he asked.

"Amber. That isn't my name", said Malaysia. "My real name is Malaysia. I changed it. I can tell you more if you're home"

"...I'll be home in five minutes", he said.

"I'll be there in 15", said Malaysia.

"Alright. See you there", he said.

"Okay", said Malaysia.

Once Malaysia got to his house she sat him down and explained everything.

"So...you have a husband?", asked Jaquavius.

"That's the only thing you got out of that?", she asked.

"Nah...I was just wondering why you been messing around with me when you married", said Jaquavius. "I don't mean no harm but the nigga a killer, if he fuck around and try to kill me for fucking with you then I'm going to have to kill his ass"

"We separated. We just didn't make the divorce official yet", said Malaysia. "He won't mess with you. At least he shouldn't"

"So what about your son?", he asked. "Did you ever see him after the incident?"

"No", said Malaysia. "By the time I went to the scene, my car and everything was gone"

"...how can you automatically think he's dead if you never saw a body?", asked Jaquavius.

"If you knew the type of people these guys were...you'd know they wouldn't care if a innocent child died", said Malaysia.

Jaquavius nods. "So...what was his name?", he asked.

"Kingston...King for short", said Malaysia.

"I'm sorry about your lost Am— I mean Malaysia", said Jaquavius.

Malaysia looked at Jaquavius.

"Well...there you go. You know things about me", she said. "More than I planned on telling you...I know you're probably regretting wanting to get to know me better now"

"Nah...I wasn't looking for perfect. I was looking for you. I was looking for what made you, you. It made you, a person that I enjoy being around", said Jaquavius.

Malaysia smiles.

"Don't ever be embarrassed of your last", said Jaquavius.

"Yea.. you're right", said Malaysia as she looked down. She looked sad.

Jaquavius noticed that and lifted her chin up and began kissing her.

Malaysia stopped him and smiled.

"You just love kissing me huh?", she asked with a giggle.

"I can't help it. Every time I look into those brown eyes, it just does something to me", said Jaquavius.

Malaysia giggled.

"No, where was I?", he said before kissing her again.

Malaysia began kissing back.

That's when Jaquavius got up and picked her up. They continued kissing on his way to his room.

TO BE CONTINUED...