Chapter 28

Last that night, Malaysia is tucking King in for bed.

"Do you want me to read you another book?", asked Malaysia.

"Where's mommy?", asked King.

Malaysia looked down then back at King.

"King, I'm mommy. I don't know how to explain this to you and I wish I could but...I'm mommy and the man that was with you today is daddy.", said Malaysia.

King begins to tear up.

"Please don't cry okay? I promise you that everything will okay. We aren't bad people. We are your parents and we love you so much", said Malaysia as her got watery and she sniffed. "We will never, ever leave you again. I promise I will never ever let you get out of my sight again. I love you too much"

As Malaysia tried to calm King down, Steven was listening. He just didn't make himself seen. He felt bad for Malaysia, he felt bad for King especially because he didn't understand anything that was happening.

Steven walked into his and Malaysia's bedroom and sat on the bed. Moments later Malaysia came in with a smile on her face.

"So I put him in bed. He likes that it's shaped like a car", said Malaysia.

Steven looked at Malaysia. He could tell that she was holding back a lot of emotion.

"It's okay", said Steven.

"What?", she asked.

"It's okay to express your feelings. I'm not a stranger", said Steven.

"...I don't think he likes me", said Malaysia as she started crying.

Steven held Malaysia close to him. "Give him some time", said Steven. "Just give him some time"

Steven kissed her forehead.

ONE MONTH LATER...

Malaysia and Steven went to Louisiana to visit her parents. Because Steven took the time and effort to find Malaysia, they appreciated him more. So it was less hostility.

King was warming up to Steven and Malaysia better. But he still had his days.

While Steven is catching up on his business, Malaysia decided to go see Serenity. She stopped by Terrell's house first.

"What brings you here?", asked Terrell.

"I'm actually supposed to go see Serenity but I decided to come by and talk to you. I didn't see you the last time I was here. Heard you were going through a divorce", she said.

"4 months, Malaysia", he said with a chuckle. "We only lasted 4 months"

"What happened?", she asked.

"Trifling", said Terrell. "I was rushing and shit. I should've listened to my mom. She knows best."

"As always", said Malaysia.

Terrell hands King a cupcake.

"Here you go little dude", said Terrell.

"What do you say?", asked Malaysia.

"Thank you", said King.

"No problem", said Terrell.

Terrell sat next to Malaysia.

"You look like you've been working out", said Malaysia as she felt his stomach through his shirt.

Terrell chucked a little. "Chill", he said.

"You still ticklish", Malaysia.

"Nah, you just getting a little too touchy", said Terrell.

"You look good though", said Malaysia.

"What about you? How you doing? You ghosted everybody", said Terrell as changed the subject. "Trig was out here livid."

"Yea I just had to get away.", said Malaysia.

"Well I'm glad you decided to come back. We missed you", said Terrell.

"You ain't miss me", said Malaysia with a smile.

"I did", he said with a smile. "Who wouldn't?"

Malaysia bit her lip as she continued to smile.

"But anyway, how you and Trig doing?", asked Terrell.

"...good I guess. He has a daughter...she's so cute but her mom is just...she's a groupie. I don't know I just— nevermind. I shouldn't be telling our business", said Malaysia with a sigh

"He cheating or something?", asked Terrell.

"Was but not anymore...I guess he isn't anymore", said Malaysia. "...look I'll just vent to Serenity about it. Don't worry about it"

"Yea...but I'm worried about you. I'm worried about your sense of well being.", said Terrell. "I fuck with Trig now and all but after you got with him, you've slowly turned into someone else. Not the same girl I remember. I know people change but this change isn't something I intended on seeing in you."

Malaysia looks down.

"I just feel like you lost yourself.", said Terrell.

"I did and I'm trying to work on getting her back but... she's so deep down inside that I don't know if I can", said Malaysia.

Terrell rubbed her arm.

"You got this", he said. "I've always believed in you"

"You have...and I appreciate you for that", said Malaysia.

King walked to Malaysia and gave her the cupcake wrap.

"Was it good baby?", asked Malaysia.

King nods.

"He looks just like Trig", said Terrell.

"Yea. He has strong genes", said Malaysia.

"Like muthafucka", said Terrell. "I can't wait until I have a kid though"

"You'd be a good father. If it wasn't for me meeting Steven, you'd probably have one now", said Malaysia.

"...Malaysia why did you really come here?", asked Terrell as he moved his arm from around her.

"I came to talk to you? What do you mean?", asked Malaysia.

"Yea but the way you looking at me though and flirting and stuff", said Terrell.

"Flirting? I don't think I was flirting", said Malaysia.

"I'm just saying. If you was saying some of the stuff you're saying to me to any other dude, they'd think you want them", said Terrell. "I kept mention Trig for a reason."

"I wasn't trying to flirt", said Malaysia. "Sorry"

"Nah, maybe I was just reading it wrong", said Terrell.

"I mean if you felt like that then you felt like that and I'm sorry", said Malaysia.

Malaysia's phone went off.

📲MESSAGE
💬Steven: come get me

"I gotta go", said Malaysia as she looked at her phone. "Catch up with you some other time"

"Alright. Be good to yourself", said Terrell.

"You too", said Malaysia. "Come on King."

Malaysia grabbed King's hand.

"Say bye to terrell", said Malaysia.

"Bye Rell", said King.

"Bye lil man", said Terrell. "Bye Malaysia."

"Bye", said Malaysia.

Malaysia and King left.

Malaysia pulled up to Steven's location and Steven got into the car.

"King been with you the whole time?", asked Steven.

"Yea. Why?", asked Malaysia.

"Just asking. I'm hungry as hell though. Let's get something to eat", said Steven.

"Alright", said Malaysia.

Malaysia drove to a near by restaurant.

TO BE CONTINUED...