Chapter 43

That night Malaysia is washing dishes after her, Steven and King got done eating.

"You want me to wash the dishes?", he asked.

"No. I got it", said Malaysia.

Steven sat on the counter.

"I really wish I could spend the night", said Steven.

Malaysia smiles a little.

"You can", she said. "Especially after what happened today. I'm not in the right mindset to protect my kid or myself I guess"

"...don't beat yourself up about it. You did what you could do. I was wrong for coming at you like that. I didn't know how you were feeling", said Steven. "You could've expressed that to me from the beginning."

"I know I just...I wanted to be sure I was pregnant first", said Malaysia.

"How do you know it isn't Malik's?", asked Steven.

"We didn't finish. We barely started before you showed up and he wore a condom", said Malaysia.

"So...you've been pregnant for ..."

"Probably 12 weeks or maybe a little more. I don't know", said Malaysia.

"Damn", said Steven.

"Can I ask you something?", asked Malaysia.

"What?", asked Steven.

"Are you happy about this?", asked Malaysia.

"I mean like I'm not mad about it. I just..I feel neutral about it", said Steven. "How do you feel? Oh wait I forgot you already said it"

"...well at least they will be safe from the stuff that you used to do. We just gotta deal with the bullshit of people breaking into the house trying to steal something", said Malaysia.

"At first it took me time to get used to my new lifestyle but I fuck with it. My mom would be proud", said Steven.

"Yes she would.", said Malaysia.

"I miss her so much", said Steven. "That was the worst day of my life"

"...I could tell", said Malaysia. "I could only imagine how you felt"

"...she did say one thing before she passed", said Steven. "...she said raising you I could always tell you were in your ways...just like your father, so I can't be mad at what you do because well I gave you his name, you're his son. It was a 50 percent chance. But anyways... one day you'll realize that you don't need to do that stuff to provide for your family. Instead you'll realize that you're just putting them in danger... turning them into something they aren't...when that happens you will realize that you just doing illegal things just because it makes you rich, isn't what you want.

Malaysia looked down. She began thinking to herself.

"She was right", said Steven.

"Yea...weirdly right", said Malaysia. "I know you didn't you like your dad but how did your mom feel about him?"

"She didn't care for him but she didn't have hatred for him", said Steven.

"When was the last time they spoke?", asked Malaysia.

"According to my dad, they had did talk a couple of months before she died. She said her peace with him and he said his", said Steven. "Why?"

"You don't think that...well Steven you don't think that your mom asked your dad to do all do of this do you?", asked Malaysia. "Like with what happened with your dad?"

"My mom would never do something like that. Especially what he did with King. She would never", said Steven.

"Okay but what if she told him to find some type of way to force you out of the game so he made that plan up himself. She didn't tell him what to do. Just think about it. Your mom was in the hospital taking her last breath when all of this stuff started. I got kidnapped that night. I- I had to do something that I never had to do before. I had to become something that I never thought I would become before because of that night...just like your mom said", said Malaysia. "Crazy thing about it...they probably weren't ever going to kill us... it was just some play your dad was watching from the side lines in order to force you out of the game...it was never to keep you in it and eliminate your distractions. It was a lie."

Steven looks down.

"It's just a thought", said Malaysia.

"That's wrong. I was out of the game when my dad first showed his face", said Steven. "So think again."

"Were you really out of the game Steven? I mean like completely?", asked Malaysia.

"...well I was just about done. I just had a few more things that I had to get squared away and then i would've be done", said Steven. "But I laid low"

"Your dad found that out and that's when he showed. It was six months of peace. He had to have found out", said Malaysia.

Steven looked away. "You're probably right. My mom was hell bent on getting me to stop before I got myself killed", said Steven.

"But no matter what happen, we are who we are now and I'm fine with it. I- I can protect my children, you can protect them too...and we're done with the violence and drama. It's just us now", said Malaysia.

Steven looked at her.

"And I as of right now I couldn't ask for more. We're changing our lives around and I can't wait to see what the future has in store for us. I love you so much Steven and this time around it's no more back and forth. I'm all in, you are", said Malaysia.

"I'm diving head first for you baby", said Steven. "And I love you too"

Malaysia smiles. "Get off of the counter so I can kiss you", said Malaysia.

Steven smiled a little as he got off of the counter and began kissing her.

THE END...
I hope you guys enjoyed the book💕

🚨 NEW BOOK ALERT🚨
Hey y'all, I just published a new book that's in the same category as this one. Check it out on my page!
To get to my profile, click here 👉🏾: @writtenbykalifa
It's called The Godmother.