Chapter 36

The following day, Steven and Malaysia are walking into a building for their meeting about their divorce.

Steven opens the door for her her and malaysia walked in. Steven followed.

"Sorry again about yesterday", said Steven.

"It doesn't really matter Steven.", said Malaysia as she hit the button for the elevators. "I just want my peace back and as soon as I sign these papers I'll get it. I'll get my old life back."

"That's how you feel?", asked Steven.

"Steven I love you. Even after you broke my heart, I love you. But I can't do this. Before it was the violence but I- I- learned to deal with it and have that become apart of me because at the end of the day, you were treating me right...now you're not because you can't seem to stop fucking with that girl and you still are", said Malaysia.

"...might as well...we divorcing", said Steven.

The elevator doors opened and they walked into the elevator.

"She put some spell on you or something?", asked Malaysia. "Bitch put roots on you?"

"No", said Steven as he sucked his teeth.

"How about you date her now.", said Malaysia.

"I don't like her like that for the last time", said Steven.

"You gotta feel some type of way about her. It was strong enough for you to damage our marriage over", said Malaysia.

Steven rolled his eyes.

"Hey, I'm just saying", said Malaysia.

The elevator door opened again and they walked out of them.

"All I'm saying is, if you wanna leave two lives that's fine and dandy. If you wanna make this bitch happy over here and make another bitch happy over, then do that. But don't do that shit with me", said Malaysia.

"...you didn't deserve that. I know", said Steven.

"...is her lip still fucked up from the people beating her? Like can she open her mouth wide enough to get your stuff in?", asked Malaysia.

"Petty as hell", said Steven.

"Just a question. You are kinda big", said Malaysia.

"Kinda?", asked Steven.

Malaysia opened the door to the meeting room and walked in. Steven followed her.

Later that day, after signing the divorce papers, Malaysia is on the phone with Serenity.

"Girl, I can't believe you and Steven are really getting a divorce", said Serenity.

"Same but he just gotta realize that I'm not putting up with that shit", said Malaysia.

Malaysia gets a text from Malik.

📲MESSAGE
💬Malik: pick a number that's
between 1-20

"I know that's right", said Serenity. "But with the money he got? Girl, I'll like have to use his ass instead"

Malaysia chuckles.

📲TEXT MESSAGE:
💬Malaysia: 14. What's this for?

"But I don't really care about his money", said Malaysia.

📲TEXT MESSAGE:
💬Malik: you'll see.

"I know. I'm just joking", said Serenity. "Have you been talking to Malik lately?"