Chapter 7

It's the evening time and Malaysia decided to call Jaquavius. He called her earlier that day but never she returned the call.

"Damn, I called you like 6 years ago", he said.

"I'm sorry. I just found out some news and I've been trying to process it...I was hoping that I could talk about it.", said Malaysia.

"I gotta gotta do some work. Should only take me like thirty minutes. An hour tops", he said. "I'll be at your place when I'm done"

Malaysia sighs. "Alright", she said.

"Wait, do you need to talk now? You sound a little down", he said. "What's going on?"

"Nah. It can wait", said Malaysia. "Do your job"

"I can really say fuck this and come to you right now", said Jaquavius.

"Really? You'd do that for me?", she asked.

"I mean...yea. I shouldn't?", he asked. "We're in that talking stage right or was I just reading the conversation wrong?"

"Yea I just...never mind", she said. "Go work and we'll talk when you get here"

"Alright. It'll be quick. Bye", he said.

"Bye", said Malaysia.

Malaysia hangs the phone up and looked at it for a moment. She didn't even remember a time where Steven at least asked her to put her first before his work without her having to complain about it first

Malaysia put her phone down and pressed play for her movie.

2 hours later Malaysia woke up to her phone ringing. It is Jaquavius calling her. Malaysia got out of bed and walked to the door and opened it.

"I'm sorry", said Malaysia. "I fell asleep"

"That's fine. I'm a little late. I got held up", said Jaquavius.

Malaysia yawns.

"I can leave if I need to and we can talk when you're awake.", he said.

"No come in", she said.

Malaysia let him in and Jaquavius walked into the apartment. He sat on the couch and Malaysia sat next to him.

"So what's up?", he asked.

"...I um...well let me start from the beginning. So I saw Steven today and he told me that—-"

"I thought you guys were done. I thought that he left town. What? He realized he couldn't track you anymore?", asked Jaquavius.

"Jaquavius, he told me that our son was alive", said Malaysia.

Jaquavius didn't say anything.

"...I just feel like I'm a bad mother. I couldn't even find that out myself", said Malaysia. "I just got into a dark space and I— I gave up. I shouldn't have done that."

"Where is he?", he asked.

"He was adopted by this couple...Steven and I are hoping we can get him back but...it's been two years so we don't know", said Malaysia. "...I'm starting to think that maybe this was God telling me that King didn't need to be with us. That he was better off with someone else"

"Don't say that", said Jaquavius. "Look, no matter what, I'm going to support you."

"Jaquavius in order for us to make our case look as good as possible, Steven and I need to stay married. So if you come to the court hearings you may see certain things that you don't like. No kissing or anything. Just simple things like holding hands", she said.

"...what about after this is over?", he asked.

"Then we divorce", said Malaysia.

"Alright...that's fine. No kissing. I ain't trippin", said Jaquavius.

Malaysia touched his cheek.

"Thank you for being understanding.", she said. "And a listening ear"

"You're welcome", said Jaquavius. "If there is anything I can do, let me know"

"Okay", she replied.

"You wanna sleep?", he asked. "You look tired and I know I am"

"Yea. We can", said Malaysia.

Malaysia stood up and waited for Jaquavius to stand up too. She could tell that he looked a little sore.

"Had to fight your target too?", she asked.

"Something like that", he said as he walked to her room.

Malaysia watched to the kitchen and gabbed two ice packs. Then she walked to her room.

"Take your shirt off", said Malaysia.

Jaquavius looked at the ice packs.

"I don't need that shit baby", said Jaquavius.

"Baby?", she asked with a smile. "Wow, that's new"

Jaquavius smiled a little.

"But you'll think me later, now take your shirt off", said Malaysia.

Jaquavius takes his shirt off.

Malaysia saw a lot of bruises on his back and stomach.

"What the hell J? Did you get jumped or something?", asked Malaysia.

"Nah", said Jaquavius. "Don't worry about it"

"This looks bad. I'm surprised your face is banged up too", said Malaysia.

"Yea I can't let them get the face now", said Jaquavius.

"So it was a them?", he asked.

Jaquavius sat down.

"What happened?", she asked.

"I got done with my job and these dudes tried to jump me. I killed two. The other two started fighting me and killed one of them and then the last guy and I started fighting some more. He was good but fortunately I was better. I don't know who these niggas are", said Jaquavius.

Malaysia looked to the side. She started thinking about how she didn't wanna be in the mix of drama again.

"You know me and my assumptions and I think it was that dude", said Jaquavius.

"No. He just told me today that he was happy for me", said Malaysia.

"And you believed him?", asked Jaquavius. "I mean at the end of the day I hope it isn't him because I'll kill him too. The only reason why I didn't come out and tell you this was because of you trying to get your son back but Malaysia I'll give him warnings and usually I'm not the warning guy. But for you, I will be. Tell him to watch himself or he'll fuck around and not be able to see light again."

Malaysia looked down.

"Tell him or I will", said Jaquavius.

"What if it's somebody else", said Malaysia.

"It ain't nobody else. It's him. He come in town and now all of a sudden, niggas tryna kill me?", he asked. "Don't be stupid and if you ain't stupid don't play me like I'm a fool. You know damn well I'm not and I know damn well you ain't stupid"

"I'll talk to him", said Malaysia.

"Thank you. That's all I ask", said Jaquavius. "I love you alright and I'll be damned if this nigga try to walk back up in your life and do some shiesty shit just to get you back and smile in your face like he's innocent. Im not saying that you deserve me, but deserve more than that shit."

Malaysia looks at him.

"I don't know what it is about you Malaysia but I never felt this way about any woman before", said Jaquavius. "I just got you...well I just almost got you and I'm not going down without a fight. Legally married or not. You left him for a reason"

"...I love you too", said Malaysia.

"You don't have to say it back. I know you don't feel that way yet", said Jaquavius.

"I do. I do", she said.

TO BE CONTINUED....