Chapter 31

The following morning, Malaysia came back to Terrell's house to get King but Steven had already gotten him before he left the house last night.

"Why did you do that?", asked Malaysia.

"Um that's his son. I'm not getting charged with kidnapping. Better yet, I prefer to not have a bullet in my head", said Terrell.

Malaysia rolled her eyes.

"Am I right or am I wrong?", asked Terrell.

"Right", said Malaysia with a sigh.

"Alright then", said Terrell.

"Terrell...I am going crazy. I'm so angry with him but another part of me wants to forgive him", said Malaysia.

"Why do you wanna forgive him?", asked Terrell.

"...because he has so much of my heart", said Malaysia.

"Why doesn't he have all of it?", asked Terrell.

"Because he's a cheating bastard and well...someone else has always had it too", said Malaysia.

"Why are you angry with him?", asked Terrell.

"Because he hurt me", said Malaysia. "He broke my heart and I'm not happy"

"So tell me...what our weighs which? Happiness or being unhappiness just because you love someone", said Terrell.

"...when I was in New York...even though I was sad about king and I still thought about Steven from time to time...I was at peace.", said Malaysia. "Being back with him is being back in some chaotic mix and I'm tired of it."

"So if you're tired then wake up. Figure out what you wanna do with your life and figure out who you wanna be in your life", said Terrell. "Just talk about your problems aren't going to make them disappear. You gotta be the one to do that. If you continue to keep fucking with the same shit you complaining about then apparently it's what you want"

"...I'm going to divorce him", said Malaysia. "I'm getting a lawyer today or whatever"

"You sure?", asked Terrell.

"....I've been thinking about it three years almost four. If I'm not sure by now then like you said...I must liking being unhappy", said Malaysia. "It'll be hard but I need to do this. I'm done. He doesn't care about me"

"I'm not going lie Malaysia I think he cares about you a lot he just...he isn't showing it the way he needs to", said Terrell. "I know that that's weird but—"

Terrell guards Malaysia with his body as they go to the ground.

"Ouch", said Malaysia.

Terrell lays there for a moment. He saw someone pull a gun out the window as they drove by but no bullets shot.

"What was that for?", asked Malaysia.

"Drive by..I saw someone with a gun", said Terrell.

Malaysia sat up and peaked on the side of the car. She didn't see anyone.

"Do you have security camera?", asked Malaysia.

"Yea", said Terrell. "You think it's Steven?"

"I doubt it", said Malaysia as she stood up.

Terrell stood up too. He put his hand on Malaysia's back and walked her into the house.

As they looked at the footage, they couldn't make out who these people were and they didn't have a license plate.

"Damn... I don't know who these people are", said Malaysia.

Suddenly, the electricity goes out.

"Did I pay my light bill?", asked Terrell to himself.

Malaysia looked at her phone and saw that she had no signal.

"You paid it alright", said Malaysia. "Somebody else did this."

Malaysia grabbed her gun from her purse and hands it to Terrell.

"You know how to shoot right", asked Malaysia.

"You tryna play me or something?", asked Terrell and he cocked the pistol back. "What are you going to use."

"Hopefully I don't need one", said Malaysia.

Suddenly, Terrell shot the gun at a gun he saw come from around the corner.

Malaysia ran to him and took their ski mask off.

"Still don't know who these people are?", asked Terrell.

Malaysia started breathing heavily. She was starting to panic.

"Terrell get the hell out of here and give me my gun", said Malaysia.

Malaysia took the gun from Terrell.

"What's going on?", asked Terrell.

"Long story, just go", said Malaysia.

Malaysia saw another gun from in through the back door and she shot him. She missed his body but shot his gun.

"Damn. Jaquavius spoke so highly of you. Thought you never miss", said the guy.

"Terrell go!", said Malaysia as she ran to the guy and kicked his gun out of the way and hit him in the face with the pistol.

The guy and Malaysia started fighting. Malaysia got him on the ground had her legs wraps around his throat.

"Why are you here?", asked Malaysia.

"Because you killed Jaquavius and it was boss's orders for another reason too.", said the guy.

"I didn't kill Jaquavius so you're trying to kill me for no reason",'said Malaysia.

"If I wanted to kill you, I would've. I'm just here for distraction. We have the other guys going for our real target", said the guy. "But I'll kill if you get in the way"

"What target?", asked Malaysia.

"You'll see", said the guy.

Malaysia tightened her legs around his neck.

"Tell me or I'll break your neck", said Malaysia.

"Malaysia dont", said Terrell. "You said you wanted to change. This isn't going to help"

"I thought I told you to go", said Malaysia with anger in her eyes. "They're trying to get to Steven and I need to figure out why"

"No. Not him either but he may be a  causality if he gets in our way", said the guy.

Malaysia broke his neck and killed the guy.

"Malaysia what the fuck?", asked Terrell.

Malaysia stood up.

"He didn't even tell you who he's after", said Terrell.

"My son", said Malaysia as she rushed outside.

Terrell followed her.

"Why?", he asked.

"I don't know", said Malaysia. "Maybe to get back at me for killing Jaquavius"

"Who?", asked Terrell.

"Long story. I have to go", said Malaysia.

Malaysia got into her car and drove off.

TO BE CONTINUED....