Chapter 24

"You like my ring?", asked Malaysia as she held her hand out.

"Yea. How much was it?", asked Steven.

"You'll see when you look at your account", said Malaysia.

"What else you buy?", asked Steven.

"Clothes, shoes, I brought you things too", said Malaysia.

"That's what's up", said Steven.

Malaysia sat next to him.

"I just wanna...I wanna thank you for giving me another chance", said Malaysia.

"We both had our faults", said Steven.

"Nah but I was more at fault", said Malaysia.

Steven nods as he looks away.

"I'm going to Louisiana this weekend and I thought that maybe you'd wanna come", said Malaysia. "I feel like my parents should that I'm alive and I'm okay. I've ghosted them long enough."

Steven looks at her.

"You wanna come?", she asked.

"I do but... you know what. I'll let you know", said Steven.

"I was going to go talk to my parents, stop by and talk to Terrell and then—"

"I think I can come", said Steven. "I think what I was thinking about is next weekend"

"What?", she asked.

"I got some goods coming next weekend. I thought it was this weekend but I think it's next weekend", said Steven.

"Oh", said Malaysia. "And by the way, I found out who called me. Well texted me. He lives here...he's actually your little girlfriend's cousin."

"Girlfriend? What you talking about?", asked Steven.

"Brittney", said Malaysia.

"That girl is not my girlfriend", said Steven.

"I can't joke?", asked Malaysia. "Damn"

"What you mean her cousin though?", asked Steven. "How you know it's her cousin?"

"Facebook", said Malaysia. "I'll show you what he looks like you."

Malaysia gets on her phone.

"I think he's tryna be trifling and start shit between us so she had him text me", said Malaysia.

Malaysia hands Steven her phone and Steven looks at the guy's picture.

"This the same nigga that was staring at me, today", said Steven.

"Really? Where did you see him at?", asked Malaysia. "I know he isn't following you or me around too"

Steven didn't mean to say that.

"He's friends with one of my workers", said Steven.

"...I didn't know you let outside people around your place of work", said Malaysia.

"I don't and now my worker knows that", said Steven.

Malaysia nods.

"Oh and um Rocky pooped in the bed so I brought new sheets", said Malaysia as she got up. "He's still learning to potty train"

"Yea I know", said Steven. "It's alright"

"You okay? You seem down", said Malaysia.

"I'm alright", said Steven.

"You sure?", she asked.

"Yea. I'm good baby", he said as he rubbed her thigh. "Just tired"

"...what if I finished what I started this morning", she said with smirk before kissing his cheek.

"Maybe later", said Steven.

"Wow, you must be really tired then. Since when did you turn down sex?", she said.

"That's how tired I am", he said with a little chuckle. "I'm going to take a nap"

Steven stood up and Malaysia looked down with a concerned look on her face.

"You were with her, weren't you?", asked Malaysia.

Steven stopped walking then he looked at malaysia.

"What?", he asked.

"Brittney. You were with her", said Malaysia. "You turn down sex, when I mentioned her name you...you got hostile, and you weren't even with the guys. Nobody was there"

"It's not what it seems like", said Steven.

"What happened to no lying?", asked Malaysia.

"Listen to me—"

"I've been listening to you and you've lying", said Malaysia.

"I just went to the cookout with her. That's it. Her mom wanted to see me. That's it", said Steven.

"Bullshit", said Malaysia. "You dad was a jackass but he taught me how to read a situation and people's gestures."

"Malaysia, look I don't do nothing with that girl. You wanna ask her? Go ask her. I'm sure she'd tell you the truth. I ain't do shit with her because I wanna work on us. Me and you. I love you. I don't love her", said Steven.

"...if you wanna cheat on me with that bitch then you need to be with her", said Malaysia.

"I ain't cheating on you and for the last time all I want is you!", he said.

Malaysia stared at him.

"I even want to get our vows renewed because we're starting something new again and I think renewing our vows is needed", said Steven. "I love you. You are my all"

"Please don't be lying to me", she said. "Please..."

"I'm not. I don't wanna hurt you", said Steven. "Not again"

Steven pulled her to him and started kissing her.

"No, Steven", said Malaysia.

"Stop", he said before he continued to kissing her.

Malaysia began kissing back.

Steven picked her up.

"I love you", he said.

"...I love you too", Malaysia replied as she shed a tear.

"Don't cry. Please don't cry", said Steven.

"I just don't want you to lie to me. I don't wanna look stupid", said Malaysia.

"I won't. I won't lie to you. Just don't cry, please", begged Steven.

Malaysia put her head on his shoulder and Steven sat on the couch. They sat there, holding each other for a while.

TO BE CONTINUED....