Chapter 42

Malaysia walks out of the bathroom to go check on King because she heard some noise.

As she walked out of the room she was face to face with someone with a ski mask on. He had some things in a bag.

He quickly aimed the gun at her and she shut the door and run to her gun.

He opened the door and Malaysia pulled the trigger but the gun jammed.

"Shit", said Malaysia.

The guy shot at her again and Malaysia moved out of the way. The bullet went across her skin on her arm.

Malaysia grabbed a bat and hit the gun out his hand.

"Leave now and I won't go to the police", said Malaysia.

The guy grabbed for her but Malaysia kicked him in the stomach.

"I don't wanna have to hurt you", said Malaysia.

The guy tackled Malaysia to the ground.

"Hurt me? More like hurt you", said the guy as he pulled a pistol out of pants.

Suddenly shots fired and the guy jerked a little before laying on top of Malaysia.

Malaysia let out a breath of relief before pushing the guy off her. Steven was the one who shot him.

"How did you even get in here?", asked Malaysia.

"No thank you?", asked Steven. "I pulled up and I was sitting outside. King called me on his iPad and told me that he was scared so I came in...with the key I stole from drawer"

"Key you stole?", asked Malaysia.

"For times like this", said Steven.

Malaysia shook her head.

"I'm about to take another shower. Do something with him", said Malaysia.

"Why didn't you kill him?", asked Steven.

"My gun jammed", said Malaysia.

Steven picked her gun up.

"It's on safety", said Steven.

"I swore I turned it off", said Malaysia.

"Nah..Malaysia you gotta be more attentive. He could've killed you", said Steven.

"But he didn't", said Malaysia.

"Because I came in just in time. Thank god", said Steven.

Malaysia sighs.

"And what if King was in harms way? Then what?", asked Steven.

"Steven it was a mistake. It's been a while alright. Calm down", said Malaysia.

"I'm just concerned", said Steven.

"Yea well so am I because I am don't with being a killer. That isn't me anymore", said Malaysia.

"If it's one thing I've learned growing up, it's that you gotta kill to survive sometimes. This was a time.", said Steven.

"I'm sorry alright? Just leave it alone", said Malaysia.

Malaysia walked into the bathroom and shut the door.

Steven walked to the guy and looked in his bag. He saw some of Malaysia's things. One being her wallet.

"Broke ass nigga", Steven mumbled.

Malaysia walked out of the bathroom.

Steven looked at her. She was just standing there.

"Thought you were going to take a shower", said Steven.

"Um..I am I just had to get a rag and towel. I also need to check on King", said Malaysia.

"I'll check on him", said Steven.

"No. I got it", she said as she walked out of her room.

Steven walked to the bathroom and ran the water. As he pulled out his phone to call someone who used to work for him, he saw a pregnancy test in the trash can. He looked closer and it was positive.

Malaysia walked into the bathroom.

"I thought you were supposed to be getting the body out", said Malaysia.

"I was washing my hands", said Steven. "I'm calling someone now"

Malaysia walked to the shower and turned the water on.

"You seemed pretty stunned when you came out of the bathroom. Everything okay?", asked Steven.

Malaysia sighed. "I don't know...I just...I was thinking about what if he did shoot me? I mean even now I just regret getting my tubes untied", said Malaysia. "After what happened to the last baby I just...I don't want anything to happen to this one"

"...is it Malik's?", asked Steven.

"No", said Malaysia. "...I had to much going on that I didn't even realize that I missed three months of my period. I haven't had any pregnancy symptoms. I just found out"

"Yesterday you said you were on your period", said Steven. "You lied."

"Because you were making me nervous with all of your questions.", said Malaysia.

"But you lied. You wanna talk about strong foundation but you lied", said Steven.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry okay. But you have to understand how I feel. I am terrified because your friend almost killed me and killed my baby", said Malaysia.

"You think I don't know how you feel?", asked Steven.

"No! You don't! You didn't have a connection with that baby yet. You didn't have it living inside of you!", said Malaysia.

Steven shook his head.

Malaysia starts tearing up.

"I'm sorry for yelling you but I'm just scared", said Malaysia. "When that guy came in here, my mind went blank. I'm sorry I wasn't all in to be the killer that your father trained me to be but I couldn't do anything but think about me laying on the floor, bleeding out, hearing your voice and next thing I know I'm in the ICU and my baby is dead"

Steven didn't say anything.

"I know it was years ago and I know that I wasn't that far along but...I can't get over that", said Malaysia.

"We'll talk about this after you shower and after I get this body out of here", said Steven.

"I don't wanna talk about anymore. I'm pregnant, that's all there is. I just gotta stop thinking about the past and focus on the future. I'm sorry if you felt like I belittled your feelings about what Kelz did. I didn't mean to but...it's just different", said Malaysia.

Steven nods.

Malaysia took her clothes off.

Steven could tell the baby bump but it's wasn't big. It just looked like she could have possibly gained weight.

"Well did you have a feeling that you were pregnant?", asked Steven.

"Yea...but I was scared to confirm", said Malaysia.

Malaysia got into the shower and Steven walked out of the bathroom. Closing the door behind him.

TO BE CONTINUED...