Chapter 26

1 MONTH LATER...

Things with Brittney seemed to tone down a little. She actually seem a little nervous to be around Malaysia whenever she'd come to drop Sierra off.

Steven on the other hand couldn't get enough of Malaysia. They were together 24/7 even when he went on his jobs.

"The lawyer called and said that he emailed something to me about the case. Go look at it for me", said Steven as he gave her his phone.

They were currently at an outside gun range.

Malaysia took his phone and went to his email.

She saw a video so she clicked on it. It was Brittney and some guy sitting at a table signing papers. She saw King in his car seat next to them.

"Oh my God", said Malaysia.

"What?", asked Steven as he loaded his gun.

"...he found out who signed the papers", said Malaysia.

"What papers? The adoption papers?", he asked.

"Yes", said Malaysia as she gave him the phone.

"Brittney and some dude", said Malaysia.

Steven looked at the video.

"I'm killing his ass today", said Steven.

The people near them looked at him.

Malaysia eyes got wide.

"Steven", she mumbled.

Steven looked at them.

"Figure of speech", he said with a smile.

The people looked away.

Steven smiled went away and he had a mean mug. "Fuck out of my business anyway", he mumbled as he looked at his phone.

Malaysia hit him.

"What? Ain't nobody called them", said Steven. "Nosey muthafuckas"

Malaysia looked at the people and they were looking at them again.

"Excuse him", said Malaysia with a fake smile.

They looked away and one of them shook their head.

Malaysia rolled her eyes.

Steven started packing his and Malaysia's guns up.

"That nigga got the nerve to smile in my face and work for me after he did something like that?", asked Steven as he picked the bag up and starts walking to the car.

Malaysia follows him.

"You talking about him. What about Brittney?", asked Malaysia.

"Yea well I can't exactly hurt her. She's  my daughter's mom", said Steven.

"But she still did that bullshit", said Malaysia.

"My dad probably made her, Malaysia.", said Steven. "You know good and got damn well if it was you and you couldn't defend yourself from a monster like that, you'd do it too"

"You're taking up for her", said Malaysia. "She could've told you after he died"

"Look I'll handle her", said Steven.

"Why? So she can suck your dick and make it back up to you?", asked Malaysia.

"Here we go with that shit", said Steven.

"And then that bitch had the nerve to tell me about my kid when she was the one gave him away", said Malaysia.

"Get yo ass in the car.", he said before getting in.