Chapter 37

COUPLE MONTHS LATER...

Today is the day that Malik came came to the United States so Malaysia is getting ready to meet him for lunch.

Malaysia tired to put her eye lash on, her phone began to ring. It was Steven and King was with Steven so she answered it.

"Hello?", she said.

"Malaysia? What you doing today?", he asked.

"Having some me time. Why?", she asked.

"You'll braid my hair?", he asked.

"I can tomorrow", said Malaysia.

"Why not today?", he asked.

"I'm pretty sure you sure you can find someone else to braid your hair if you need it done today", said Malaysia.

"So basically what you saying is, you busy?", he asked.

"Yea. I will be in an hour or so", said Malaysia.

Steven sucked his teeth. "alright", he said.

"I'm getting dressed so bye", said Malaysia.

"Bye", he said before he hangs up the phone.

Malaysia shook her head.

"So aggy", she said to herself.

Malaysia looked at the time. It was going to take her a while to get across town so she was running a little late. She grabbed her purse and keys and left the house.

Once she got to the restaurant, she saw Malik sitting on a bench outside.

"Hey", said Malaysia.

Malik looked up at her.

"Wow", he said.

"What? You don't like this outfit. I was debating on wearing it because-"

"Nah, I love it", he said. "You look really good. I was more so focused on your face than your outfit. Almost forgot how beautiful you were in person."

Malaysia smiled.

"I put us down on the list. They have a wait. This place must be good", said Malik.

"It's great. It's a good ways from my house, but it's worth it", said Malaysia. "How was your flight"

"Long but worth it", he said.

"We've been talking over the phone almost everyday and I know we have gotten a little personal but...remember what I said", said Malaysia.

"I know, no long distance but ...hopefully I can change your mind", said Malik. "I can fly you out and I can here frequently...see each other like once a month and chill with each other for a week or so. I'm sure we can make something work until we can decide where we wanna stay."

"Yea but what if we never come to an agreement and here I am in love or you're in love and we can't start a real relationship. Besides that a lot of money to continue to fly back and forth", said Malaysia.

"Yea..I'm just talking right now. I'm just saying that if we get to the point where we feel some type of way about each other than there are options and money isn't problem", said Malik. "I don't know...I kinda have some feelings built for you already. I never really met a woman who I can talk to, the way I talk to you. It's just this spark ya know. I mean am I trippin?"

"Nah...I feel it sometimes", said Malaysia. "I just...I don't know if it's too early to move on"

"Oh shit. I'm sorry. I forgot about the divorce", said Malik.

"It's okay", said Malaysia.

"Damn. I'm sorry. I feel bad now", said Malik. "Embarrassed really"

"Don't be. I mean like Malik I feel like I can see myself with you but it's just obstacles that I can't get past. Your just in a different state or city...it's a whole different country", said Malaysia.

Malik nods.

"...don't worry about it, Malaysia. You are in the middle finding yourself after a marriage. I shouldn't have brought that topic up and I apologize. Let's just hang out today and do friendly things.", said Malik.

Malaysia nods.

"What do you have planned?", asked Malik.

"Jet ski", said Malaysia.

"My favorite thing to do", said Malik.

Malaysia smiled and Malik smiled at her.

"You're cute", she said.

"Cute? Just cute?", he asked.

"More than cute actually but let's just say cute for now", she said.

Malik chuckled a little.

"Don't lead me on na", he said.

Malaysia looked away.

"Why are you single anyway?", she asked.

"I thought I told you. I haven't found the right woman and I'm really particular with my women", said Malik.

"...I have a lot of...things that I've done and have been through in the past and I don't think you want that and honestly I don't plan on sharing those things with you. I mean I'm improving myself but..still", said Malaysia.

"You don't have to tell me those things. I see you as the present. Not the past. What you do now, determines your future. The past was just lessons", he said.

"I like how understanding you are. You don't seem to judge", said Malaysia.

"I have no room to judge because I'm full flaws just like the next person", said Malik.

"...I'm broken. I try not to be but everyday I just feel myself falling apart. When I started talking to you more and more I feel fixed...temporarily. Point is I just wanna say thank you", said Malaysia. "I feel like my old self with you"

"You're welcome Malaysia", said Malik.

Malaysia smiled a little.

They continued to talk but changed the subject as they waited to be called.

TO BE CONTINUED...