Chapter 13

Malaysia, Steven and two of his men are in the truck. They are about to get ready to call Jaquavius to tap into his phone.

"Don't make it sound suspicious", said Malaysia.

"I'm just going to ask about your memory", said Steven.

"But he went over the stuff  that I was supposed to know with me before he dropped me off", said Malaysia.

"Well damn it you forgot. Fuck him. I just need him on the call for 5 minutes." said Steven.

"The call was at 6:45am", said Malaysia.

"Alright", said Kevin.

"Y'all be quiet so I can call him", said Steven as he put the phone to his ear.

"Hello?", said Jaquavius.

"What's up", said Steven.

"Who this?", asked Jaquavius.

"Bitch you know who this is don't play", said Steven

Malaysia hit Steven, signaling him not to say that.

"This is Steven man. Look, I think something is going on with Lay. You notice anything different before you dropped her off?", said Steven.

"I mean it's been two years since you last saw her", said Jaquavius. "People change. I don't know. Maybe it's the pregnancy"

"What?", asked Steven.

"Just a guess", said Jaquavius.

Steven hung up the phone.

"What the fuck is wrong with you? Kevin didn't even tell you to hang up", said Malaysia.

"I got the number", said Kevin.

"You need to go get a pregnancy test", said Steven. "That nigga is trying to trap you"

"My tubes are tied", said Malaysia. "After what I thought happened to king, I didn't want anymore children."

"Thank god", said Steven.

"Why you care? We still aren't together. After you kill this nigga, I will still be in New York and you'll be down here. Nothing will change", said Malaysia.

"You still don't need to have a baby by his ass....take the makeup off", said Steven. "Let me see your face"

"No", said Malaysia.

Steven sucked his teeth.

"You should've beat his ass", said Steven.

"You don't understand. He's...quick I couldn't", said Malaysia.

Steven shook his head.

"Kevin who's number is it?", asked Steven.

"The man who adopted King", said Kevin.

Steven looked at Malaysia.

"This nigga knew about King this whole time", said Steven.

Malaysia looked down.

"Take Malaysia to my house. I got something to do", said Steven.

"Alright boss", said Kevin.

"Wait. I wanna come", said Malaysia.

"Nah. You need to stay. Relax. I got this", said Steven.

"I know more about him than you", said Malaysia.

"I don't need to know him to murder his ass", said Steven.

"He killed your men. I know damn well your men didn't die just because. You wanna be next?", asked Malaysia.