Chapter 12

When Malaysia woke up she was in the bed in the hotel. Her face was hurting, especially to the touch. She looked over and saw a vase with dozens of roses.

She closed her eyes for a moment then she looked around the room.

Suddenly she heard the toilet flush and water run from the sink.

She sat but she got a little dizzy from moving so quickly.

Jaquavius walked out of the bathroom.

"Hey", he said.

Malaysia just looked at him. She didn't say anything.

"I'm sorry. I got a little insecure and jealous and scared. I don't wanna loose you. I blacked out and now I'll probably loose you for good", said Jaquavius.

Malaysia saw herself in the mirror. Her eye was black and she had a bruise or two on her face.

"I'm sorry okay? I know you probably don't like how you look but we can go get some makeup and cover that up", he said.

"I have to talk with the lawyer tomorrow Jaquavius. My eye is swollen. I can't cover this up", said Malaysia.

"Well you're going to have to. You ain't about to go out there making me look bad", he said as he rolled his eyes.

"What happened to I'm sorry?", said Malaysia.

"I am but you still ain't about to make me look bad", said Jaquavius.

"You did it!", she shouted.

"Lower your voice when you're talking to me", he shouted.

Malaysia looked away. Since leaving to protect herself, she hadn't really been scared of anybody. But now was different. She was actually scared Jaquavius. Especially after he murdered four guys on his own with no help.

"I told you I'm sorry. Accept it and move on. Put some ice on it", he said. "The swelling should be down by tomorrow"

"What did I ever do to you?", she asked. "What happened to the man I met"

"That's still me. I told you I blacked out. I'm sorry", said Jaquavius.

Malaysia looked down.

"I'll get some ice", said Jaquavius before walking out of the room.

Malaysia stood up from the bed slowly so she could keep her balance.

She just knew that she wanted to leave.

Malaysia walked to the door and looked both ways down the hall. She didn't see Jaquavius. She ran to the door of the stairs and almost fell but caught her. She couldn't keep her balance.

Malaysia opened the door and walked slower. Everything to look funny. The steps were in places they weren't. She didn't know if she had a concussion or if something else was happening to her. She just know that she wanted to leave.

When she took her first step, she heard the door open.

"Where you going, Malaysia?", he asked.

Malaysia fell down the stairs.

Jaquavius rushed to her.

"That's what you get for trying to leaving me. Come on. You need to lie down", said Jaquavius.

Jaquavius picked her up.