Chapter 39

"Malik, I'm sorry about yesterday. We shouldn't have done that. I was just doing what I did the last time and I— ...you don't even know what I'm talking about so it's no point of explaining. Point is I don't want you to think that I go around giving it up to different people on a regular basis.", said Malaysia.

"Look I ain't even looking at you differently ... I just... I don't know. You're just trying to suppress your feelings for him and that ain't the way to do it. That's takes time. It's self limiting." said Malik.

"Yea I should've learned that the last time", said Malaysia.

"Last time? You keep saying last time", said Malik.

"Steven and I separated two years..we got back together but...as you see that didn't last. I don't know if I'm trying to suppress my feelings or what. But I can say that I do like you..a lot", said Malaysia. "But I don't wanna hurt you."

Malik nods. "I understand", said Malik.

"I don't want to be with Steven anymore but at the same time I don't wanna start something with you when I'm not over my last", said Malaysia. "I can't do that to you...I can't do that to us because I like the- the friendship we have"

"I do too", said Malik.

Malaysia smiled. "So...you're here for another 8 days...let's have some fun", she said.

"Yea let's do that", said Malik.

Later that night, Malaysia went to Steven's house to get King.

Brittney opens the door.

"I'm here to get King", said Malaysia.

Brittney didn't say anything she just moved out of Malaysia's way.

Steven came walking downstairs and Malaysia rolled her eyes at him because Brittney was there.

Steven shook his head.

"You came to finally do my hair?", he asked.

"No. I'm not doing it no more", said Malaysia in a calm voice. "Brittney can though"

"Girl, calm down. I just came to talk to him", said Brittney. "I don't even want nothing to do with his ass"

"Whatever", said Malaysia. "I'm getting King"

Malaysia went upstairs and suddenly she heard Steven and Brittney arguing.

"I told him before that I don't want you around my child. Don't show up to my mother's house trying to get her again", said Brittney.

"What happened to you ain't have shit to do with me.", said Steven. "At the end of the day, Sierra and King are my world. They are all I look forward to, so for you to be for cruel is fucked up"

"I don't want anything happening to my kid okay? You will not always be there to protect her even though you're the one who will put her in danger", said Brittney.

"I don't even do that stuff anymore", said Steven.

"I don't care.", said Brittney.

"Okay so you blowing this shit outta portion! I haven't see my daughter in 2 months", said Steven.

"And that's the way it's going to stay. Good bye. Don't come by my house or my mom's anymore", said Brittney before she left.

Steven shook his head.

After listening, Malaysia walked downstairs instead of going to King's room.

"You okay?", she asked.

"You heard that? I guess so", he said as he sat down. "What you think?"

"I know. Stupid question", said Malaysia.

"When I came back home I could tell she was acting a little funny toward me because of what happened to her. Then she um...she stopped letting me see Sierra", said Steven.

"I'm sorry to hear that", said Malaysia.

"I don't need a pep talk. I don't wanna talk to you at really", said Steven.

"Okay...well if you want to spend more time with King then he can stay a few more days", said Malaysia.

"Why? So you can go be with that nigga?", asked Steven.

"Steven he is just my friend okay", said Malaysia.

"You fucked him", said Steven.

"Yea. Yea, I did. Why you upset about that?", asked Malaysia.

"Malaysia, you should know.", said Steven.

"Don't act like you still love me because you don't. Okay I know in the past I fucked things up between us just as much as the shit your dad put us through but at the end of the day we got back together and I did better but you did worst", said Malaysia. "You didn't fully love me anymore."

"I did", said Steven.

"You didn't", said Malaysia.

"I did but I didn't trust that you'd stay. I didn't know if you would leave me again so I wasn't all there.", said Steven.

Malaysia looked down.

"When you left me Malaysia and I couldn't find you...I couldn't talk to you, I couldn't feel you, on top of the shit I went through? I felt like I lost my life. I felt betrayed. I mean I know we were separating but I thought we'd be able to work things out...but we couldn't because you were gone", said Steven. "Thought you were dead"

"...but you didn't stop looking", said Malaysia.

"Because I was grieving. I was still in denial. Two years of denial", said Steven.

Malaysia looked at him.

"But it is what it is now. I'll live my life, you live yours. You were never happy with me anyway", said Steven.

"I was", said Malaysia.

"Bullshit. All you did was complain", said Steven.

"Because I was scared. But the second time around I was better...better", said Malaysia.

Steven sighed.

"Instead of you talk to me and tell me how you felt...you didn't. You fucked the relationship up and got the very thing you were scared of", said Malaysia.

"Alright. Yea. I did. But who cares. We don't need to be together. Wasn't meant to be", said Steven.

"I'll just go then. Sorry.", said Malaysia before going upstairs and getting King. He was asleep so she carried him outside to the car and left.

to be continued...