Chapter 14

"You should've killed him. I have to go back there, you don't", said Malaysia.

"You don't have to go back there", said Steven. "Just stay here"

"Damn it steven", said Malaysia.

"Malaysia, he might know something about King. I might need him alive", said Steven. "Why you acting so scared of this bitch? He will never touch you again, do you understand me?"

"Steven, I don't know if you realized this but when was the last time you stopped someone from hurting me..and better yet your son", said Malaysia.

"You guys wanna go ahead and call the number?", asked Kevin to change the subject.

"I'm sorry Steven. I didn't mean I'm just ups—", said Malaysia.

"You said enough", said Steven before he walked past her. "I can't call the number because the lawyer said it was best that we didn't call 'em"

"Oh.", said Kevin.

"So you can go. Thank you", said Steven.

Kevin gathered his things and left.

"Steven, I'm sorry about what I said. I just thought you were going to do what you were supposed to do and kill him", said Malaysia.

"I told you why I didn't", said Steven.

"I know. I know I just—"

"Why are you so scared of him?", asked Steven.

"...it's just that I saw a new side of him...it scares me", said Malaysia. "I didn't know he'd be like that and I feel so stupid"

"Nobody never knows how a person is going to be until you get with them....you ain't expect us to bond the way we did right? You never know", said Steven.

Malaysia sat down.

Steven sat across from her.

"I'm glad I didn't tell him too much about me", said Malaysia. "Even though he probably knows now"

"...how did you even get that assassin job anyway?", asked Steven.

"Jaquavius", said Malaysia. "He put me on"

"Yea but how did he even trust you enough to even let you know what he did? How he know you wouldn't say anything?", asked Steven.

"I don't know", said Malaysia. "I guess...you know what Steven. I never really thought about it. I mean like one night I almost got mugged but I kinda killed the guy and Jaquavius saw and he took care of it. Ever since we started talking. Maybe he was watching me the whole time...I'm staying to think that we went about this the wrong way."

"What do you mean?", asked Steven. "I told you if I killed him, we could be assed out"

"No I mean I should've went back to the hotel room. I shouldn't have let you go there and tell him that you knew he hit me. If he knows King's adopted parents then he could've been leverage", said Malaysia.

"You aren't about to act like you with this Nigga. He put his hands on you", said Steven.

"Well hopefully he doesn't do it again because I'm going back to him", said Malaysia. "I'm just going to say that you touch he put his hands on me but I didn't tell you that. I'm just going to say that you assumed it. I'm going to tell him that I got my memory back and if he apologizes again I'm going to tell him I forgive him. I need to know what he know about these people and why he knows it."

"Malaysia I don't know about that", said Steven.

"Well Steven I feel like this is a good idea", said Malaysia. "At the end of the day, I want my son back and I'll do anything to get him. I don't care what it is"

"Malaysia—"

"Don't talk me out of it. I'm getting a Uber and I'm calling him", said Malaysia.

"Alright. Just make sure that you feel like you're danger, you need to stand down and leave.", said Steven.

"Okay he knocked my ass out once but he won't do it again.", said Malaysia. "He caught me off guard and we were in the car"

"Okay but what if next time you end up with something worst than fucked up face?", he asked.

"Well, it'll be worth it if I can find out what's going on with my son", said Malaysia. "He doesn't know that we know. Let's keep it that way"

Steven sighed.

"Malaysia, I'm trying to change but you're making it hard. I'm trying to stop killing for any and everything. But at the end of the day, if he hurts you again it will be no warnings. I don't give a fuck who he had behind him. I will kill him", said Steven.

"Well maybe you should've done it today and you wouldn't be feeling like this. Either way, I'm about to go. Talk to you when I find somethings out", said Malaysia.

"Whatever", said Steven.

Malaysia left.

TO BE CONTINUED...