Chapter 8

The following morning, Malaysia called Steven while Jaquavius was asleep.

"Steven we need to talk", said Malaysia.

"I hear hostility in your voice. Why?", he asked.

"Because I need to know that if I'm going to be with someone else, that you aren't going to get jealous and do some stupid shit to them", said Malaysia.

"What are you talking about?", asked Steven.

"It doesn't matter. I asked you something", said Malaysia.

"Ay I don't have a problem with your little boyfriend or whatever he is", said Steven. "I don't give a fuck about what y'all got going on"

"Swear?", she asked.

"Yea", said Steven.

"Alright well that's—"

"I might have had my boys rough him up a little bit but that only to see if he'd be able to protect you or not. I couldn't do that, so now that I know he can do that I'm good", said Steven.

"What in the hell is your problem? You're making this really hard for me. I took up for you about the tracker. I told him that it couldn't have been you because well I didn't think you'd do that. I told him that you couldn't have been the one to have him jumped because you respected what him and I have at the moment but you're making me look real stupid", said Malaysia.

"I did this for your benefit", said Steven.

"No. You did this for yours.", said Malaysia. "I already know what he can do for me and it's the same thing that you could do if you were around me and present during the things where bad things happened to me but unfortunately you weren't and that's not your fault. It's nobody's fault but the person who did it. Four guys? Really? he's all banged up Steven."

"He's a man. He can take it", said Malaysia.

"I'm trying to keep him from killing you and you're making that hard right now", said Malaysia

"Killing me? The nigga good but he ain't that good", said Steven.

"No. I really think you met your match", said Malaysia.

"I don't give a fuck about none of that shit", said Steven. "If he wanna die, so be it. Hell I don't even have to do it myself I'll sit back and watch. I ain't got my hands dirty in a minute. I've been working on myself after you left. I've been doing this thing where I don't kill people just because I'm pissed and in the moment. I just shoot for self defense but you see my men, they'll shoot regardless"

Malaysia shook her head.

"At the end of the day, I had them jump him. They weren't going to kill him. The niggas ain't  make it out alive so he's good in my book", said Steven.

"Stay out of my love life", said Malaysia.

"Love life? You love this dude?", he asked.

"...maybe", she replied.

"Wow...you know what Malaysia I think you need to slow down a little bit before you get hurt", said Steven. "I could've sworn y'all weren't even dating"

"At the end of the day, stay out of my relationships. I'm not talking to you about the bitches you're fucking with? I'm not sending niggas to them and seeing if they'd cheat or fold on you", she said.

"Like I said before...when it comes to these bitches they only good for one thing...but yet when girls mess with a guy, they get all feely feely", said Steven. "Proved my point"

Malaysia rolled her eyes.

"You still sound stupid", said Malaysia.

"Point is, the only woman I'll ever love is you", said Steven. "The only woman I'll put my time and energy into"

"Time? I never got your time", said Malaysia.

"Malaysia, dont sit here and act like I didn't make time for you because I did. I had shit that I had to do. I cannot help that", said Steven.

"Whatever I don't care", said Malaysia.

"You saying that because you know I'm right. Matter fact during our whole relationship, it was Steven this and Steven that. Constantly! You got a hell of a lot of flaws too, Lay", said Steven.

"Then you should've left me!", she shouted.

"I didn't wanna do that because I didn't care. I had so much love for you that, that didn't even matter", said Steven. "Besides, even when I wanted to...you started acting crazy. I didn't want you to end up killing yourself or worse, so I stayed. I stayed because you needed me, you needed someone...the worst thing about it...there were times where I needed you and you weren't there. But do I throw that in your face all of the time? No. I just push it to the side and suck it up...long as I'm there for you right?"

Malaysia didn't say anything. She began to feel bad.

"...I'm sorry", said Malaysia.

Jaquavius walked into the living.

"I have to go", said Malaysia before she hung up.

"You didn't have to end your call. I was just wondering what was going on with the yelling and what not", said Jaquavius.

"Nothing. I was just talking to Steven. He um...he did for a stupid reason and he wasn't trying to kill you", said Malaysia.

"I couldn't tell", said Jaquavius.

"I know...he just wanted to see if you could protect me", said Malaysia.

"What the hell? What is he, your dad or some shit?", asked Jaquavius.

"J, I know it's crazy but it's true", said Malaysia.

"I don't believe that shit..but you can if you want to", said Jaquavius.

"...hungry?", she asked to avoid the conversation.

"Not right now. I'm actually going to go back to sleep. I just wanted to know that everything was okay", said Jaquavius.

"Everything is fine", said Malaysia.

Jaquavius nods and walks back into the room.

Malaysia sat on the couch and started tearing up.

TO BE CONTINUED...