Chapter 7

Chapter 7

"Hey!" someone exclaimed as I bumped into him.

"I'm s..." I stopped short when I saw him. His skin was sun-kissed and browned slightly. He had angular cheekbones that left no room for baby fat. He had extremely broad shoulders and he towered over me, making me feel like a midget. His dark hair was tousled in a very sexy way. He was dressed in a simple black shirt and somehow still managed to outshine the rest of the guys at this party. He was tall, mysterious and handsome, but none of those things struck me the most. His eyes were the colour of emeralds and shone brightly as he gazed at me. And just as quickly as he had appeared, he disappeared, leaving me to scan the whole room for him.

"Looking for someone?" Ryan asked, as he grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the group of people who had situated themselves in an irregular circle.

"Calum," I lied. "Maybe he wants to play."

"Doubt it," Ryan shrugged in a nonchalant way.

My face fell. I was going to offer to look for Calum, and just not come back until the game was over. Sure, Ryan would have probably been mad at me, but that was nothing I couldn't fix. An angry Ryan was probably better than a group of drunk teenagers, daring you to do stupid things.

Ryan sat down on one of the plastic chairs and pulled me down into his lap. His chest was hard and very uncomfortable, plus the chair bent uneasily with both our weight. I was about to tell Ryan I'd find my own chair when then I saw a flash of black hair, and my focus was captured by the stranger from earlier. He was leaning against the wall, with a cigarette in his mouth. He smiled slightly and some part of me hoped he was smiling because of me. Stupid, I told myself, he doesn't even know you, nor do you know him. Then why was I hoping I would be able to gain his attention, for just a couple of seconds?

"Truth or dare?" A girl with shiny black hair pointed her finger at Ryan. I hadn't even realised the game had started, I flushed at the realisation that I had been staring at a stranger for longer than what was considered appropriate.

"Truth," Ryan replied.

"Hmm," she put her finger on her chin and looked at the ceiling. "Do you think I'm hot?" She pouted her heavily glossed lips and leaned forward expectantly. The top of her dress fell forward, and everyone's eyes went to her well-defined cleavage. She ran her tongue along her lips seductively as she waited for Ryan's answer.

"Yes," Ryan gulped nervously. I snuck a peek at his face, but to my surprise, he wasn't even blushing. In fact, his face didn't give anything away. He was expressionless, and his lips were tightly pressed together.

"Aww, thanks," she winked at him.

"My turn," my mystery man said, as he blew a huge puff of smoke out of his mouth.

"Actually, it's not, Kaden." The shiny-haired girl rolled her eyes.

"Aaron, truth or dare?" Kaden asked, looking down at his cigar, obviously bored. Why was he so eager for a turn, if he was going to act like he didn't care?

"Dare," a boy with multiple piercings answered.

Kaden smirked, making it clear that he knew that would be Aaron's answer. His emerald-green eyes met mine for a nanosecond before he spoke. "I dare you to dare me to play seven minutes in heaven with Foxie over there." He used his cigarette to point at me, without meeting my eye.

Aaron laughed, and when he looked at me, I was momentarily blinded by all the metal on his face. "Typical Kaden Blythe," he said as if that explained why Kaden was interested in me. "Fine. I dare you to play seven minutes in heaven with..." His eyes wandered over my body. "Foxie."

Ryan's hands tightened around my waist as he swore under his breath. My breath caught in my chest as Kaden walked up to me. He looked like a Greek god, and with the way that he moved, sure and confident, he almost seemed too perfect to be real. The light from overhead lit up his face as he held his hand out towards me. "Shall we?" he asked, with a slight tilt of his head.

No! my mind screamed, but I couldn't voice the word; not to him. It was like I was under a spell that compelled me to do everything he wanted me to.

"You don't have to," Ryan whispered into my ear, but I ignored him and put my hand in Kaden's.

***

Kaden led me to a separate room and shut the door behind us, enclosing us in darkness. The room we were in was small: it was barely a room. I hadn't paid attention when Kaden was leading me here. I had been unable to take my eyes off him and concentrate on my surroundings. We were probably in a broom closet; it was too small to be anything else.

Kaden placed his hand on the wall next to my head. There was nothing overly seductive about the move, but I still felt my heart beating uncontrollably. The dark made every move of his seem intimate, whether it was running a hand through his hair or moving his body inch by inch closer to me.

"I haven't heard your voice yet," he started. His voice was low, but I could still tell that it was gruff. "Say something." He was so close I could feel his breath on my cheek.

"Something," I breathed.

He laughed in amusement as he slipped his hand into my jeans pocket and pulled me closer to him.

"I remember you," I confessed against the intensity of his gaze. They were the same green eyes that had met mine when I had caught him stealing.

"I've been told I'm unforgettable." He ducked his head down and kissed my collarbone. "Probably my extremely good looks. That's also probably the reason your heart's running a marathon."

"You robbed..."

"Shh," he put his index finger on my lips. "There's not a lot of talking in seven minutes in heaven, Foxie." Colour flooded my cheeks as I realised he was calling me Foxie because my hair was the same shade as a fox's fur.

"Why do boys have such weird nicknames for me?" I sighed.

"What's your other nicknames?" He ran his thumb along my jawline.

"Sagey," I replied.

"Because you're a wise and virtuous person?" he enquired, the corners of lips curling slightly in a mischievous way.

I started to shake my head but was stopped by the feel of his hands on my bare midriff.

"Well, you are practically a nun," he told me.

"What?"

"You've never been kissed." He gently pressed his fingers into my shoulder, pinning me against the wall.

"Yes, I have,' I lied defensively.

"You're a horrible liar."

He moulded his mouth to mine and everything became a blur as we kissed. The sound of people chatting outside became background music to the main scene that I was a part of.

I couldn't access the reasonable part of my brain that would have told me this was a bad idea. Nor did I want to reach that part of my brain. All I wanted was him and I wanted him to want me, so I poured my all into this kiss.

I grabbed a fistful of his shirt and pulled him closer. His hands were everywhere, scanning my body as if he wanted to learn my every curve in a short amount of time.

He pulled away from me and rested his forehead on mine. I felt his fingers wrap around my thighs. "Jump,' he instructed. I did as I was told, and soon I supported none of my own weight. My legs were around his waist and my back was against the wall.

I kissed him feverishly, wanting to taste him again. He tasted of smoke tainted with cinnamon and up until now I would never have expected to find a taste like that pleasing, but boy was I wrong.

As he pulled me closer, I pulled him closer and within a couple of seconds, our bodies became indistinguishable. His body fit perfectly into mine and I wanted him to permanently engrave himself into me.

"Times up." The light flooded into the room, and the darkness that provided the perfect sanctuary for our fraternizing was ripped away from us. 

Please vote and comment if you enjoyed this chapter.