Part 2-Kaden Blythe:Chapter 11

Part 2-Kaden Blythe

Chapter 11

She ran her manicured fingernails down my bare chest. I couldn't see her face in the dark and I was glad that she couldn't see mine. Her claw-like nails were scratching the surface of my scars, causing me to wince slightly. I wasn't in pain, but I was reminded of why I had those scars. I had never told anyone how I got those scars and I intended to keep it that way, whilst trying to forget my past as best I could. I wasn't foolish enough to believe that I'd forget my past completely, but I needed to forget; forgetting even a small fraction was better than remembering everything.

She pressed her lips to my neck and laid her body down over mine. I could hardly remember her name, nor did I care. She'll be gone by tomorrow, that was how it always was. No strings attached.

As she continued to kiss my shoulder blades, my thoughts drifted to another girl. The one with the red hair and hazel eyes. Sage. I could almost taste her lips on mine. The way her heart beat rapidly against her chest turned me on. She was the only girl I had kissed who had been hesitant, and I'd be lying if I said it wasn't pleasant.

"You seem distracted." I felt cold lips press against mine.

"I'm not," I lied, flipping us over so that I was on top of her.

Sage's face flashed before my eyes, so clearly that I thought she was the girl under me. My heart felt constricted in my chest, and I could feel it straining to get away from this girl. The tension was making me feel heavy and out of breath.

"I can't do this," I said, reaching for my T-shirt and pulling it over my head. The last thing I wanted was to be moaning Sage's name, while fucking this nameless girl.

"Excuse me," came the reply. I could see the outline of her body in the light of the moon, the way her body was carved into an almost perfect rectangle shape.

"I think you should leave." I averted my eyes, while she got off the bed. I didn't need to, since she was still fully dressed, except for a couple of buttons on her blouse that had come undone.

Before she left, she switched the light on and turned around. The room was immediately flooded with yellow light that illuminated everything, including her furious expression. "Why did you bring me here?" she enquired, pouting her lips. Her lipstick had smudged onto her chin and her bleached yellow hair was ruffled and frizzy. She was nothing close to the attractive woman I had picked up at the bar. I wondered if all the girls looked like this before they left. This was the first time I was seeing one of them before she left.

"I don't know," I replied, truthfully. Was it because I needed to be distracted from thoughts of the red-headed beauty? "Maybe it's because I'm used to hooking up with prettier girls and realised that too late." I knew that was harsh, but it was the quickest way to get rid of her. She was pretty in a ridiculously fake way, her eyebrows were perfectly tweezed and her makeup hid her true face from the rest of the world. Why was it that now I craved someone more innocent and naïve? This Sage girl was really messing with my head.

***

"Won't you kiss me?" Sage enquired, running her hands up and down my bare arm. Her skin was soft and flawless as she moved her face closer to mine.

"Would you like me to, Foxie?" I asked, cradling her cheek in my hand. The sunlight on her skin made her look like an enchanted creature from a children's fairy tale. She was dressed in a navy-blue dress that went well with her fiery, red hair. Her face was devoid of any makeup, just the way I liked it and her hair was coiled into a single braid that settled on one of her shoulders.

She nodded her head, very subtly, but then seemed to think better of it and shook her head. "I'll kiss you." She ran her fingers across my jawline and then her thumb pressed lightly on my lips. "Close your eyes." I did as she asked, and she put her hands on my shoulders and kissed me.

My eyes popped open and curious faces peered down at me.

Aaron Stein was the first to talk. "You're sweating." He handed me a towel and I got the feeling he was making fun of me. His mouth quirked slightly, but he tried to hide it by coughing. His pale-blond hair was pulled back into what he believed was an attractive ponytail. His face was barely visible under all his piercings. I wondered how he'd look without them. To be honest I couldn't imagine a metal free Aaron- it was like imagining a girl in a tuxedo; some things are way too unimaginable.

"What were you dreaming of?" Flynn Hanlet enquired. He was shirtless and like me he was also sweating, which gave me the impression that he had been working out. Right now he looked like the gang leader he actually was. He was muscular, but with a kind face. A couple of hours later, he would look like the lawyer everyone outside of our group believed him to be. He was a con artist who had rescued me from the Orphan Asylum; we were slowly learning the tricks of his trade, but in the meantime stealing was our thing.

"Something about a fox?" Emma Carlson piped up. She was a very attractive girl-which also made her a great pickpocket. All she had to do was bat her eyelashes and her victim's attention was captured by her China doll face, while her quick hands snatched everything in their pockets. Her hair was straight and rested just over her shoulders, I was certain she dyed her hair black, since it was too dark to be natural.

I didn't say anything, and it wasn't like I needed to. Aaron was more than happy to fill everyone in. "Foxie," Aaron explained. "The girl he's smitten with." He made a heart shape with his hands and held it to his chest, making kissing sounds with his lips.

"You've got it the wrong way around," I shrugged, trying to pretend like I didn't care. "She's smitten with me. I mean, who wouldn't be?"

"I can't believe girls actually like that cockiness." Emma bent over slightly and pretended to gag. "It's disgusting."

"You're only saying that because you can't have me," I told her, jokingly. Emma was like a sister to me. Well, we had kissed once, but it was an experiment. And it was safe to say we both regretted it, even if both of us were good kissers. It was too awkward to kiss someone you've known for almost your entire life.

"Give me one good reason to want you," she fired back, examining her fingernails.

"You mean besides from the obvious?" I made a circle around my face with my hands, causing Emma to roll her eyes.

"We better hope this Sage person likes cocky, otherwise we're screwed," Aaron shook his head. "Well, you're screwed," he pointed at me. "There was no way in hell she recognised me."

"She saw you?" Emma's expression was a mixture of horror and amusement. She found it hard to believe I had been so careless. I usually tied up all loose ends. I shouldn't have been so eager to rob her house. I should have thought it through. We hadn't even found anything valuable. I guess I had assumed she was rich, judging by her clothes. That's something Flynn had taught me to look for, labels on clothes that marked it as a designer brand.

"Sage?" Flynn enquired, deep in thought. He didn't seem concerned that we might be caught. "Was that the girl you brought here last night, or is she the one from the previous night?"

"Neither." I had learned not to blush when asked questions about my love life. "She isn't one of those floozies."

Please vote and comment if you enjoyed this chapter.