Chapter 25

Chapter 25

I awoke with a strange taste in my mouth. I swirled my tongue around the insides of my cheek and over my gums, tasting this new flavour.

"Morning," Kaden greeted, his voice cheery and melodious.

"It's morning?" I rubbed my crusty eyes, a bit disoriented.

He chuckled and touched my cheek with the back of his hand. "What's the last thing you remember?" Kaden was shirtless and it was nice to know he wasn't uncomfortable around me anymore.

"You saying you love me," I replied, the comers of my mouth curling.

"And that's all you remember?" He raised his eyebrows in disbelief.

"I remember the previous stuff," I confessed. My face fell as the face of the FBI agent crept back into my head. "What did you do to me?" I enquired, remembering how I had passed out.

"I chloroformed you, because..." He paused, trying to find the right words. "You were about to hand yourself over to the FBI."

"So, you keep a chemical contaminated cloth in your packet just in case?" I sank further into the pillow, until it formed a circular barrier around my whole head.

I meant it as a rhetorical question, but Kaden still replied. "Yip, started doing it recently, after I got arrested," he explained. "Next time something like that happens, it will be easy to knock the officer out."

"Well, I wasn't going to arrest you," I pointed out, rolling my eyes dramatically.

"No, but you were going to do other stuff," he replied, propping himself up on one elbow and looking down at me.

"You make it sound like I was trying to take advantage of you." I regretted the words the second they were out of my mouth and blood rushed to me cheeks.

"Who says you weren't?" Kaden wiggled his eyebrows and smirked.

I whacked his arm playfully, causing him to collapse back onto the bed, his face upturned towards the ceiling.

"I chloroformed you for a good reason," he said, all humour gone from his voice.

"I'm not suicidal," I pursed my lips, hating what he was implying.

"Never said you were, but now that it's been mentioned... you did ask me to kill you."

"But I didn't try to kill myself." We were discussing my death like it was the most normal topic of discussion.

"You would have tried. " He climbed over me and balanced himself on his elbows, so that he didn't completely crush me with his weight.

He pinned my hands on either side of my head, and his hot breath sent a tingle throughout my body. And that's when I realised we weren't in Kaden's room. If he had tried to pull a move like this on his narrow bed, he would no doubt have fallen out of the bed.

I looked to the side and was hit by the unfamiliar sight of a large window with white burglar guards, which provided me with a view of the outdoors. There was a pool just outside the window that reflected the light from the sun, scattering little rainbows everywhere.

I turned my head to the other side and realised that the room was painted a light beige colour which vaguely resembled beach sand. I was about to ask Kaden where we were, but was distracted by the feel of his mouth on my neck. His lips kissed my collarbone, and he nuzzled the side of my neck. I could feel goosebumps on my arms, where his hands were gripping me, sending pleasurable chills down my spine. I gulped nosily and I was certain he sensed my nervousness, because he smirked against my skin and started trailing his lips along my jawline.

He cradled my cheek in his hand and in that moment, with him looking down at me like that it was easy to forget that I was a monster, a murderer and a criminal. He tenderly stroked my cheeks, and his eyes were filled with nothing except adoration.

Kaden kissed the corner of my mouth, which caused my heart to do a cartwheel. It hit against my rib cage in its attempt to return to its former position.

He moved his face closer to mine, slowly, not making any sudden movements. Remaining predictable, but ambiguous at the same time.

My breath caught in my chest as his lips brushed against mine. The mere whisper of a kiss was enough to make me close my eyes and savour the moment, while tilting my face upwards and craving more.

"Are you this nervous with all boys?" he enquired. His emerald green eyes mocked me as he surveyed my facial expression.

I nodded my head, not giving him the satisfaction of knowing that I had never felt like this before. No one got my heart racing the way he did. No one penetrated my thoughts like he did.

"It would have been nice to know I was the special one," he joked, knowing my muted action meant I was lying.

I bit my bottom lip and nibbled on it, not sure what else to do.

"Stop that," he ordered, suddenly serious.

"What?" I asked, wondering what I had done to sour his mood.

"Stop biting your lip," he clarified, putting his index finger on my bottom lip. "It's a bit too tempting." He ran his thumb along my bottom lip, with sure, precise strokes.

"Sorry." A giggle erupted in my throat, and I hid it by pouting.

"I'm willing to forgive you just this once, but next time I can't be held accountable if I end up kissing you."

"Are you this forward with all girls?" I teased, and started chewing my lip again to see his reaction.

He ignored my question. "I told you not to do that," he growled. "Are your lips that eager for attention?"

He didn't give me a chance to reply, before his lips were moulded to mine. His hands on my hips kept me pressed up against him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and drew him closer, which shouldn't have been possible, because he was already so close. He kissed me sweetly, unlike what I read about in books. He didn't try to shove his tongue down my throat or slip his hands under my top. He gave me the kind of kiss every girl dreamed of getting. A kiss that said: You are mine and I'm never going to let you go

Please vote and comment if you enjoyed this chapter.