Chapter 15

"Isn't it strange?
                  How people can change."

"This is such a bad idea," Max said, moving around in the back of Stiles' jeep. The twins, Scott and Stiles were driving to Derek's.

Scott had decided that he needed to go to Derek for help to get his shift under control. Silently, and reluctantly, Jade agreed. She didn't think that Derek could necessarily be trusted, but Scott did need help and they could use him to their advantage in a way.

"Yeah, I agree with Max. Why are we going to the wolf who killed his own sister for help?" Stiles asked, waving his hands frantically.

"Hey! Hands on the wheel!" Jade shouted at the boy. She was still on edge about driving every since the accident, and the way he recklessly drove, didn't help in the slightest.

"Because I don't have another choice!" Scott replied, sighing. They pulled into the Hale house and he began to get out of the car.

"Hey," Jade said, sitting forward in her seat. Her cousin looks back at her confused. "I'm staying here, because effort, but if I even think he's going to try anything, I'm coming over. Okay?"

Smiling slightly at the girl's concern, he agreed and made his way to the door.

  ~

"Why is your cousin coming over here?" Derek asked, irritated.

"Hi," Max said, appearing beside Scott.

"Did Jade send you over here?"

"No, her and Stiles are playing music but you were taking too long and I'm getting bored," Max stated simply, rocking back and forth on his feet.

Rolling his eyes, Derek raised an eyebrow, as if challenging Scott to continue. "Am I going to hurt someone?"

"Yes," Derek replied.

"Could I kill someone?"

"Yes."

"Am I gonna kill someone?"

"Probably," Derek stated, tilting his head in thought. Yeah, probably. The teens fell quiet. "I can show you how to control the shift, even on a full moon. But it's not going to come for free."

"Of course it's not," Max muttered, leaning against a nearby pillar.

"What do you want?" Scott asked cautiously.

"You'll find out," Derek said, ominously. "But for now, I can give you what you want. Go back to the bus. See it. Feel it. Let your senses remember for you."

"That's it? Just go back to the bus?"

"Well that was an enlightening conversation. And very reassuring. Thank you for that," Max said sarcastically. He made his way back towards the jeep, spinning around on his heels with a hand on the car door. "Bye, Derek. Come on, Scott. Oh also, where did you get your leather jacket?"

Derek rolled his eyes, slamming the door to his house behind him. He watched through the curtains of a window as the jeep's lights flashed on, illuminating the front steps before pulling out onto the road and driving off.

      ~

"I can't believe we're actually doing this," Max grumbled, while Scott and Stiles got out of the jeep and headed towards the school.

"Technically, we aren't doing anything. We're sitting here and Scott's going to the bus," Jade pointed out. Stiles opened the drivers seat door and climbed back in.