Chapter 60

Tw: mention and description of binge eating disorder

             "God. It's brutal out here."

Jade crammed her mouth full of cookies. Cartons and wrappers were littered all around her bed. She couldn't stop eating, ignoring the nauseating feeling that just kept getting worse. She physically couldn't stop, no matter how hard she tried. This was the only thing she could think of doing. Something to drown out the unbearable pain she was feeling. Something to fill that void in her soul.

She froze when a knock sounded on her door. "Jade? Can I come in?" Scott asked, waiting for a reply.

"One second!" she exclaimed, trying to desperately hide the evidence of the food she'd consumed.

He waited a few seconds before opening the door the tiniest bit. She was sitting on her bed, a book in her lap. "You've got chocolate on your face," he pointed. She grabbed a makeup wipe off her side table, scrubbing the mark.

He raised a brow at her. There was something under her duvet, considering every time that she moved there was a rustling sound.

"We're going to meet Lydia, Stiles just rang me. Do you want the distraction or do you want to stay here?" he asked. He'd decided to just ignore the noise. There was no point pressuring her about whatever was under there. It was probably hidden for a reason, which was more than likely because she didn't want anyone to see what it was.

She nodded, grabbing her boots. Scott was right; she would be thankful for the distraction. She hadn't left the house in two days, and if she didn't get out soon, she was gonna crack up. Also, the fact that it would stop her from eating their whole pantry was an added bonus.

                                      ~

Jade tangled her fingers in Lilith's hair as she was backed up against the wall. Their lips kept crashing against each other, hungry for more. Their bodies were pressed together, a jumble of limbs in every direction.

The door was slammed open, two people that were also making out, ruining their time. That's what they got for going to Coach's office. It was known as the hookup spot; she was surprised the man himself didn't realise yet. The two girls stopped what they were doing, but Lydia and Aiden who had just walked in didn't even realise there was someone else in the room.

Lilith cleared her throat, despite the mutter of warnings from her fling. Aiden stopped, glancing over his shoulder. Jade fixed her tank top that had slipped slightly, while Lilith had a smirk on her brightly painted lips.

"Oh. Sorry, we didn't know this room was occupied," Aiden snickered nervously. Oops. "We were just-"

"Caught up in the moment?" Lilith supplied. "Yeah, well you's can leave," she pointed to the door.

Lydia widened her eyes at Jade, trying to communicate silently. The blonde assumed that Lydia was trying to distract the Alpha, so she had to think quickly.

"No, it's fine. We can find somewhere else," Jade said, grabbing Lilith's hand. She furrowed her eyebrows when she looked down and saw a familiar pair of shoes that the girl was wearing. The scarlett heels that were peeking out from behind the dumpster at Motel California. They'd just have to deal with that later. There were more important things right now.

Even though she was walking towards the door, she also didn't miss the momentarily hurt look on Lydia's face.

They jumped back, letting out a yelp as someone drew a spiral onto the window. They'd used what appeared to be claws, which was never a good sign.