Chapter 31

"She,
        She lives in daydreams with me."

"Allison, I'm gonna have to call you back," Jade stated, raising her eyebrows at the group who had just rushed into her room. Did people not know how to knock nowadays?

"Okay, that's fine. You're still coming dress shopping with me and Lydia, right?" the brunette responded, the phone held up against her ear as she painted her nails with her spare hand.

"Sure. If I have to," Jade joked, holding a hand up to the impatient boys. If they wanted to disrupt the ten minutes of peace she had, they could wait two seconds while she had a phone call.

"Yes, you do have to. It's mandatory," Allison responded sternly, her finger hovering over the end call button. "Message me later, bye."

The girls had barely hung up before the questions started.

"Jade, can you try and talk some sense into your cousin here, please? Tell him that Derek's dead," Stiles rambled, waving his hands around in frustration.

"No! Argent's plan was to use him to get the Alpha. They won't kill him," Scott argued, a hand on his hip in a defiant manner.

"Stiles, I'm sorry but he kind of has a point."

"I need Derek's help! We have to find him!" Scott yelled, throwing Jade's chair halfway across the room.

"Hey!" Jade shouted, her sharp tone showing that she wasn't appreciating the trashing of her room. The room fell quiet and Scott looked at her silently. "First off, pick that up. Second, you don't need Derek. You've got us. We're the dream team; witches, seers, werewolves and... Stiles! And third, we can try and find him but you need to get your shit together first."

"Amen," Max commented, slowly clapping. His sister sent him a glare and he let his hands drop to his sides. "Now we've got school, so how about we head, yeah?"

      ~

"I hate French," Jade complained, leaning her head tiredly against Allison's locker. Who in their right mind thought school should start so early? It was scientifically proven that the mind wasn't fully awake until 10am and they still opened it at a quarter to nine?

Allison gasped, her hand on her chest in mock offence. "Oh mon dieu! Comment oses-tu! Pourquoi?"

"It's not-" Jade began but her friend put a finger in the air, signalling for her to stop.

"Non, non, non, non! En français!"

"Seriously?" she questioned, a brow raised.

"Mortel," the brunette replied.

Rolling her eyes at the girl, she continued what she was saying, this time in French. It was a good thing language lessons when she was a child payed off. "Ce nest pas le sujet, cest lenseignant. Elle donne toujours tellement de devoirs."

Allison nodded in understanding. She'd never had a friend that had spoken French before, so it was fun to torment the blonde by making her speak it with her. She loved French. Ever since she was a child, her parents had gotten her a private tutor, and also taught her themselves. By seventeen, she was now almost fluent in the language and was beyond excited to visit the Eiffel Tower again. "Oui. Elle est très stricte, mais du bon côté, cest une bonne enseignante, sage de la langue."

"Oui. Can we speak English again?" Jade snickered, getting a pain in her head from having to think so much. Allison nodded, grabbing her books and laughing.