Chapter 108

"Soon turned out, I had
                          a heart of glass."

"I didn't know what to wear," Jade whispered, feeling increasingly uneasy with what she had shown up in. It wasn't anything too extreme, but when she stood next to everyone else who were in jeans and t-shirts, she felt out of place. It didn't matter though, it was just a get together at Lydia's lake house. Most of it would probably be spent making sure Liam didn't kill everyone, anyway.

"You look great," Lydia smiled, trying to reassure the anxious girl who was pacing the room. The black and white dress her girlfriend was wearing was about knee length, matched with her signature boots and fishnet tights. It wasn't anything new, considering she practically lived in the outfit on the weekends.

Wheels scraped against rocky pebbles as Kira's car travelled up the windy driveway, a pair of headlights shining brightly through the glass window of the living room.

"He's here," Scott stated the obvious, breathing out shakily and running a hand through his hair. He did kind of feel bad about tricking Liam, but it was the only way they would have been able to coax him out. He was doing this because he felt responsible for dragging the boy into the chaotic world, but also because the lake house was somewhat out of town, which made it easier to keep Liam safe, as well as other people.

An unclear outline was framed from behind the pane of glass on the front door, Liam freezing as he stepped into the house and realised that he had walked into a trap. The four juniors from earlier this afternoon stood in front of him, as well as another two girls that he hadn't met before.

"Sorry," Kira trailed off, smiling half-heartedly and closing the door behind them, sealing the beta into his unavoidable fate. The promise of a party was quite obviously untrue. It was just a matter of time until he figured it out, and hopefully with the guidance of the older teenagers, they could provide some help on how to deal with the changes.

Liam scoffed, pressing his lips tightly together and throwing his hands up in the air. This was seriously starting to get ridiculous. Did he have to get a restraining order just so he could live in peace? "What the hell is this?"

"Think of it like an intervention," Stiles commented, rocking backwards and forwards on the balls of his heels. "You have a problem and we're the only one's who can help."

Max zoned out, lounging on the leather sofa and snapping out of his daze every now and then to comment on something random that he researched or provide some comedic relief. God, why were they all so boring? It nearly made him want to drink to shut them up. Maybe it would be a good idea to head to a meeting soon, because that wasn't an option. He had been sober for forty days, which proved that he had the strength to do it.

"Werewolf." Liam started to list out the supernatural creatures one by one, pointing at them in turn. He had no idea what kind of drugs these people were on, but this was a new level of crazy. "Werecoyote. Banshee. Fox?"

"Kitsune," Kira shrugged, her prominent collarbones on show as her patterned top shifted in time with her movements. "But fox works."

"Empath and seer," he hesitated, brows knitting together in a line. "How can you be both things at once?"

Max sat up, the blood starting to rush to his head from lying upside down for too long. He had always thought that was a myth, but apparently not. "Was born a seer and I got my dad's empath powers as a 'hey, you're gonna be an orphan!' present," he snickered, ignoring the pillow that was thrown at him by his sister.

"Amethyst enchantress. What the fuck is an enchantress?"

"Fancy word for a witch," Jade explained, casting a glare at Stiles, who had supplied the boy with her seemingly famous name among supernaturals. God, sometimes she wished she was just normal. It would make everything so much easier if her and Max didn't have their last name dictate so much of their lives.