Chapter 57

"Why am I like this?"

"Scott, show us your fucking wound for Christ's sake," Max hissed. Why was this boy so stubborn? Actually, he could answer that question. He got his stubbornness from Melissa.

Scott reluctantly pulled up his shirt. His best friend and cousin weren't gonna give up otherwise. They gagged slightly at the sight. The wound that was meant to be healed by now, was still freshly bleeding.

"I can't believe he's dead. I can't believe Derek's dead," Scott cried. The two boys cast glances down the bus to Jade who was sitting opposite Boyd and Isaac.

She hadn't exactly been the same since the day Derek died; none of them had. All of the others wouldn't say it to her face, but they were kind of scared of her. After they saw Derek plunge down a good fifty flights of stairs, things didn't go very well.

It seemed that Jade had got, kind of consumed by her powers. She had let out a sob as she was lifted into the air, a cloud of purple flames engulfing her. It had knocked out all of the Alphas, but left all her friends conscious. Nobody really knew what had happened; it was as if she had lost herself for a second.

As if they couldn't see the same Jade.

Jade had her earphones in, resting her head on the window. She was wearing a pair of sunglasses because whenever she got angry or scared, her eyes flared purple. That meant she had to wear them 99% of the time, as she was constantly angry. Angry at the world. Herself.

Nobody knew what had caused her power outburst the other day at the bank. Nobody but her and Max. The day their parents had died, the same thing had happened. She'd gotten home, and everything was okay, considering the circumstances. Then she walked into her parent's bedroom. A huge mistake on her behalf. She fell to the ground, the room being completely destroyed. She had tore the place apart as she floated in the air.

She couldn't remember exactly what had happened or what she was thinking, only glimpses of it. It was as if she'd been taken over by her powers, so overcome with grief and guilt that she just exploded.

Grief. A feeling she knew everything about, yet also nothing about. Everyone always said it was normal to grieve, but why was it the normal? Why did people have to go through so much grief that it just became the new normal?

And god the guilt. The guilt was the worst part about it all. What could she have done different? What should she have done? Remember those last words you said? Replaying your last conversation. Over. And over. And over.

And for Jade, this was the worst thing she could do, yet the thing she done the most. The last message she had sent Derek had been... very strongly worded. He'd kicked Isaac out of the loft, which obviously didn't go down very well.

To Sour wolf: You fucking bitch, I will find you and kill you myself, I have a dagger and I will murder you. Why are you such an asshole? Die.

A very strongly worded message was one way to put it. Others might put it as a heartless, threatening message. She would agree to disagree.

The bus pulled sharply to the side, her head smacking off of the window. A disgusting smell filled the small airspace, everyone rushing to get their things and get out.

"Hey, somebody grab some towels or a mop... or a new bus!" Coach yelled. Fucking Jared.

Jade threw her bag onto the floor, looking around for the others. Concerned, she headed towards them. Allison and Max were holding Scott up, like he couldn't walk himself. The group of them ran into the bathroom, gently setting Scott on the floor. Lydia and Stiles joined them, looking around in fear.