Chapter 38

"Feel like a brand
new person."

Tw: talk about suicidal thoughts and the topic of suicide - just the topic

Stiles, Max, Derek and Jade were parked outside of the Sheriffs station. They were attempting to make a plan on how to break Isaac out of jail. Meanwhile, Allison had went over to Isaac's house to help Scott with his shift, as the full moon had already started to make an appearance.

"Are you okay?" Max whispered.

Jade snapped out of her stare to glance at her brother. "Yeah," she whispered, nodding. Was she actually okay? No. They had went to Isaac's to check out what the Hale meant, but they were met with essentially a torture chamber. She knew something was up with Isaac when he turned up to school with badly concealed bruises, but she never expected he was getting locked up in a freezer as punishment.

Max nodded along, not believing what she was saying. She must forget that he was an empath, because he knew for a fact she wasn't okay.

"The keys to every cell are in a password protected lockbox in my father's office. The problem is getting past the front desk," Stiles said, turning around to address the group.

"I'll distract her," Derek replied, opening the car door to go in.

Stiles grabbed his jacket, pulling him back into the jeep. "You? You're not going in there." Derek cast a warning look at Stiles. "I'm taking my hand off."

"I was exonerated," the man responded.

"You're still a person of interest," Stiles remarked.

"An innocent person!" he exclaimed.

Max choked on his drink, Jade having to slap him on the back. "What the fuck is it now?" she asked, rolling her eyes in a jokingly manner.

"Sorry- it's just- too funny. Derek and innocent in the same sentence. I can't!" he snickered. The Hale shot him a glare as Jade started to talk.

"What are you gonna do?" she questioned.

"Distract her..." Derek replied. It was obvious, considering he had said he was going to distract her.

"Yeah smart-ass I got that. How?"

"By punching her in the face?" Stiles added.

Jade quietly slid out of the back seat, leaving the other three to bicker. The longer they argued about who was doing what, the less time it gave Isaac. She waved her hand, cutting the security cameras in the building. Quietly, she made her way into the familiar sheriff's department. Not much had changed since their last visit.

Ducking down when she heard approaching footsteps, she hoped it wasn't Noah. Peeping around the desk, she saw a female officer that she didn't know. Thank God for that. Waving her hand, she quickly muttered "dormir."

Jade waved her hand again, letting the woman float in the air. Slowly, she moved her hands, placing the woman softly on the ground behind the desk.

Derek, Stiles and Max came running in, stopping when they saw the officer on the floor. "Jade!" Stiles exclaimed, hitting her around the head.

"Stiles!" she whispered, hitting him back twice as hard.

"Why did you kill her!" Derek hissed. Even he wouldn't have done that. Well, maybe he would have but only as a last result.

"What? I didn't kill her! She's asleep!" she hissed back. Wow. People didn't think she was that cruel, did they?

"Oh," Stiles said, stopping in his tracks.