Chapter 35

"I wanna start a fight."

"Stiles, what the fuck!" Jade yelled. Melissa sent her niece a warning look. Jade sat up properly in her chair in the hospital waiting room. She didn't even remember falling asleep. Well, she had been sleeping peacefully, until Stiles kicked her in the face. Rubbing the crick in her neck, she realised he must have done it accidently. Well, if she had been woken up, accidently or not, he wasn't allowed to sleep either.

She stood up, her figure casting a shadow over him. Opening her bottle of water, she poured a drop into the cap and quickly threw it into the boys open mouth. He spluttered, his arms and legs flailing about. Giggling, she stepped back to avoid getting kicked again.

When he finally realised what the girl had done, he glared at her. "You know Jade, there's better ways to wake people up. Like, I don't know, maybe just shaking them."

"Where's the fun in that?" she asked. "Do you want to come to the vending machine with me? I'll pay, considering I'm so, so horrible."

"How's Fern? Is she getting used to being in the house?" Stiles asked as the two made their way down the corridors.

"Yeah. I think we might start letting her out sometime this week, but only in the back garden," Jade replied.

Fern was the McCall's new dog. Well, technically she was Jade's new dog, but the whole house loved and spoiled her. After Melissa had agreed to let Jade get a dog, the woman suggested getting a dog from a shelter. So that's what the done. The two women went down the next day to look. There was loads of animals there, but the one dog that caught Jade's attention was a small golden retriever sitting at the back of her kennel. So, with some persuading to Melissa, Jade took the dog home with her.

She placed her money into the slot on the machine, the bar falling out. Handing Stiles some coins, she waited for him to choose what he wanted. He was just as indecisive as always.

She ate her chocolate as he pressed the button repeatedly. The Reese's he was was wanting just wouldn't budge. He began to bang the machine, and then started to lift it.

"Stiles, what the hell are you-" she began. She jumped out of the way as the vending machine came crashing down. The glass smashed, the two teenagers staring in shock. "Go, just go!" she hissed.

An ear piercing scream rang out in the building, echoing off of the walls. "Lydia?" Stiles asked. Sharing a panicked look with Jade, they ran down the hall to the girls room.

"What the hell was that?" Melissa questioned. The two teenagers shoved past the woman and Lydia's dad, running into the strawberry blondes bathroom. It was empty, the shower still running. But what caught their attention was an open window, and a hospital gown left on the floor.

~

"All right, let's get an APB out on a 16 year old redhead," Noah Stilinski said to one of his deputy's. The sheriffs department had been called straight away. "Any other descriptors?"

"5'3, green eyes, fair skinned and her hair is actually strawberry blonde," Stiles said, running over to the group of adults. Jade raised an eyebrow at him from where she was standing.

Noah pulled his son to a corner, talking to him in a hushed tone. No doubt giving out to him, because they weren't even meant to be there. Melissa and Noah should have know by now that there was no point arguing with the two stubborn teens. They had spent half of their time in the hospital recently, despite the protesting from their guardians.

"We have to go home," Stiles sighed, rejoining Jade by her side. "We're not gonna do that though, are we?" she asked. "Nope. Scott and Max are on their way."