chapter 3 ~ take care of yourself

A/N! ~ I highly suggest listening to the song above during the sunset scene. It adds to the mood of the story. Trust me, I had it on repeat while writing and it made me love the scene even more. Enjoy!! <3 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I ended up winning for the day, as I expected. I'm on a 3 week win streak, and I want to go on a month streak. It'll be so fun to rub it in everyone else's face. I mean, it is what they deserve after the stunt they pulled earlier today with that Michael guy. So embarrassing....

They wouldn't shut up about it. How they thought I was swooning for his mullet. As if. I don't get heart eyes for anyone I just met. That's some fucking foolish ass mentality.It's near impossible for me to get heart eyes in the first place. I'm a bit disappointed in Jennie for going along with that joke. She knows why I'm like this, so why the fuck would she keep pushing it? It sucks, but it's whatever. Everyone makes mistakes.

As I'm walking home, a familiar voice calls out my name. "Who the fuck-" I thought to myself, until I realized who it was. I mean seriously, already? You're already going out? I knew this fucker didn't sleep...

"Michael?" I say in a very confused tone, trying to send a message to him. A message as to why the fuck he was out again already. I barely knew the guy yet, but basic human decency, right?

"That's me! Where are you headed Y/N?"

"Home, where the hell are you headed at this hour? Like, in your sense of time this is pretty early, right?" I wasn't being invasive, right?

"I'm just headed...out! Yeah, out! Why do you ask?" He's acting....strange again to say the least.

"I was just concerned I guess is all. I doesn't seem like you slept either. I know we just met a few hours ago, but still..."

"I appreciate your concerns Y/N, but you really don't need to worry too much about me. I'm...used to this." He sighed. You could tell by his face he was exhausted.

"Well, that miiiiiiiiight just be too bad, Michael. It's written all over your face, you're tired. Do you ever take anytime off?"

That glazed over look was back. What exactly was his job anyways? I was so curious about this man I had just met earlier today. He seems interesting, mysterious, yet oddly familiar.

"I told you Y/N, you don't worry. I don't take time off, that's just not who I am. You certainly haven't ch-" he froze and began to stutter, "cha- changed your mind! Yes, you come across to me as the type of person to never change their mind, especially when caring about someone's well being. Again, I do appreciate your concern, really, but I don't really have a choice." He sighed again after this, but it was different this time. It was more like a sigh of relief.

Michael has some really off setting moments sometimes. I can't tell if I'm saying things that might be triggering to him, or if the guy just needs a hug. It also could be both, but I don't think he'd be so obvious about those things in front of someone he doesn't know. They could try and use that maliciously in the future.

"Hey um...Y/N. Y/N? Y/N???" My thoughts are cut off by Michael. "I know this might sound weird, but you seem like a really fun person. Definitely someone I could hang with. I was wondering if we could exchange numbers? Maybe get to know each other better?" He flashed a nervous smile. The flirt in me wanted to call him a dork, but that's never a good idea for me. I'd hate to lead people on, knowing fucking well I'm not going to get with them.

"Sure, I'd like that a lot actually! I'd like to get to know you well too. Anyone who's a fan of Kate Bush is a friend of mine."

"Sounds great! I'll...see you again soon?" He froze for a brief second before finishing his sentence. I noticed he does that a lot.