chapter 36 - put it straight

A/N ~ TW // Mentions of murder.
—————————————————————————

Today Michael and I would be going to the new Fazbear's location to help Sakura and William work on it. We were out of jobs so this was our best bet. Jennie would be joining us as well, although she wasn't exactly keen on the idea. I couldn't really blame her. The animatronics were creepy and she didn't really care for jobs where there would constantly be children around either. Beggars can't be choosers though.

The cold feeling of the empty building hit us like a train. The checkered pattern floors where the obvious dining area would be cut off by colorful carpet that led to what looked like William had mapped out for the stage. Our job would be setting up the tables for now while they worked more on the robots. In the furthest back room across from the arcade was a gift box. Next to it sat some balloons. The prize counter was also in this room, at least that's what the tape had written on it with black permanent marker.

We walked to the staff only room which was at the very end of the hall right outside of the prize area. Jennie and I went to one end of a table, lifting one side while Michael carried the other side by himself. I felt my heart beat out of my chest like an idiot. He was pretty strong and God damn was it hot. We carried it to the furthest room away deciding it would be smarter to carry it longer while not being exhausted. One down and many, many more to go.

Hours went by and we had finished 3 out of the 6 rooms up. It was getting close to 8 P.M now and we were absolutely exhausted. The day seemed to have drug itself out and we were only a little over halfway finished. We'd be repeating ourselves tomorrow sadly. William seemed to really appreciate it so that was a bonus to see him not stressed. It felt nice to help other people.

Go home, eat dinner, shower, sleep. Alarm goes off, back to the in progress pizzeria. The feeling of deja vu was slightly at play today now that things were slowly but surely starting to come together. Henry and Miya had come to help today as well, so things were really starting to feel like old times at the pizzera. The only difference is I never worked there. That with the addition of Evan, Elizabeth and Caleb still being alive...

I did my best to shake off those thoughts and get back to work. I didn't feel like crying. I was so tired of crying. Things were feeling normal again and my mother would finally be punished for her crimes. You could say things were even better than before, but still it would never be the same without those three running around.

"It's feels weird to be back here." Henry startled me. "You're going to work here too?" I thought he was over all of this. I wonder if Miya being back changed his mind. "Miya and I both just like old times. I'll be 3rd in the company though. Sakura moved up the ranks." He snorted. "I'm glad you got your groove back Henry." I elbowed him.

Miya walked up and kissed him on the cheek. My jaw piratically hit the floor. That was...fast to say the least. Henry's face was beat red. "Did you not tell her yet?" Miya asked clearly aware that I was in a state of shock right now. "I-I am now! We're dating." Henry nervously stuttered out. As much of a shock as it was, I was extremely happy for them. Henry's ex-wife wasn't exactly the best to him. I felt good knowing it was Miya. I knew she cared for Henry deeply, and he did the same. I gave them a big smile and brought them both in for a group hug before getting back to work.

The day went by slightly faster this time and we were basically done setting everything up. Now to get product in which might take a few weeks along with the animatronics finishing their production process. We were waiting around for William, Sakura and Henry to get finished up for the day when there was a knock at the entry to the door. Miya went to go get William who slowly opened the door. A man in a mask held papers in his hand. He had blonde hair and was a few inches shorter than William.

"State your business please." William said assertively. "The name is Dave. I've got some blueprints you might be interested in seeing from the woman ripping of your brand." This guy clearly worked for my mother high up enough to be able to get blueprints. It was interesting that he'd be giving these to us. A huge part of me didn't trust it.

He left and waved a friendly goodbye. "I'll come back with more soon." He called out before exiting the building. William signaled all of us over to the table to examine the prints with us. The animatronic had the name "Circus Baby" written above it in large letters. The way the animatronic made me feel sick to my stomach. It almost looked like- No it couldn't.

It had green eyes, orange hair that came into pigtails. It's description said she loves ice cream, balloons and cartoons. William started to tear up. Michael was already crying. Henry and Miya both looked at each other in horror. Sakura's face turned bitter, her eye twitching in anger. Jennie stared blankly at the blueprint horrified that she was now involved in the terrors that I only told her about in mild detail. This was supposed to look like Elizabeth. We all knew it.

I wrapped my arms around Michael doing my best to comfort the now nightmarish, robotic looking version of his deceased sister. William was now letting out audible sobs too, Sakura whispering something very menacing in his ear. The only thing I could make out from her sentiment were the words, "They'll pay."

This practically confirmed the idea that my mother killed Elizabeth. This also confirmed my suspicions from years ago that she was trying to harm Michael, or hurt me and try to blame it on him. Things were starting to piece together in my head and they made me sick.

We all decided to go home for the day to process this. Michael and I got in bed and held each other. The feeling of our arms around each other. The feeling of us being so close to each other. It was exactly what we needed to feel after what happened today. To remind ourselves that we're still here for each other.

That's when I remembered my brothers words in my dream. "This is just the beginning." It all made sense. This was the beginning of actual hell. What I thought was hell before I worried wouldn't compare to the hell I'd be facing soon.

Unless...I took the selfish way out with Michael. Once my mom went to prison we could leave. We could move far away from here and all of this could be over. I'd been so self-sacrificing all my life. Why not take the selfish way out just once?

—————————————————————————

A/N ~ Oopsie more sad. Pieces are piecing for sure, but there's still many unanswered questions. Is this really the beginning of hell or peace?

I hope you're all enjoying! :)