chapter 43 ~ lost in his new way

It'd been a long month of trying to get settled in to our new home here in Japan. However, it seemed like we were finally getting a routine down. Wake up, make breakfast, get to work on the new record store, go home, eat, sleep. It was a loop. It was a very comfortable loop, at least for Michael and I. Jennie was enjoying it too. It was Masaki and Jeremy who weren't doing....the best to say the least. Days at the record store became increasingly more uncomfortable. It seemed like Jeremy could not do anything right. I was really starting to feel bad for him.

You could cut the tension like a knife. Something must be going on with Masaki for him to be acting like this. You could tell it was weighing heavily on Jeremy. Jeremy loved Masaki but lately it didn't seem like the feeling was mutual. It was a really major switch since we got here apparently. That's what Jeremy told us anyways. It started a little over a week after we moved to Japan and it's only been getting worse.

Masaki avoided Jeremy at all costs. Jeremy just started hanging out with Michael and I lately and I couldn't blame him. If Michael treated me like that I wouldn't have fought to be around him as much as Jeremy did. I would've outright fought him!

I felt myself growing irritated with Masaki. Jeremy didn't deserve this bullshit. I was just constantly "Jeremy you put this vinyl in the wrong spot dumbass!" "Jeremy stop staring at people out of the window. I know you want to cheat on me!" It was the most obnoxious thing in the world. I just didn't understand why Masaki was acting like this. There obviously wasn't a reason. I could tell by the way Jeremy acted that he hadn't been doing anything wrong. It was painful to watch.

My thoughts were interrupted by someone yelling. Again. "Jeremy I thought I fucking told you that paint color is ugly. Stop pushing it!" Oh boy here we go. "Y/N told me that her and Michael liked it. Jennie too! I was just doing what I was asked." Jeremy responded calmly. "I don't give a fuck who likes what. I'm the paint expert here, not you dumbass." He stormed off. I was reaching my breaking point with him today. Jennie wasn't here today to handle it so it looked like I'd have to fill her shoes today.

"Masaki what's your problem lately?" I spoke up. "What do you mean?" He asked suspiciously. He knew damn well what I meant. "I'll rephrase it in a way you can understand!" I said sarcastically. "Why are you treating Jeremy like shit?" I had a satisfied look on my face. Go ahead Masaki, hit me with your best response I'm ready.

"Why are you so angry? I bet you two are fucking! I bet that's who Jeremy's been cheating on me with. I should've known." He yelled back at me. "What the hell is wrong with you? I highly doubt Jeremy's been cheating on you." My head snapped around to Jeremy. "Right?" I raised any eyebrow. "Of course I haven't." He sighed out. This was clearly something he'd been defending himself about before this I could tell.

"Yes you are. I know you are. Do you not think you've been acting distant?" Masaki turned to Jeremy. Why was he being so accusatory. It was unnecessary. It all felt so strange. So much for calm normality. "Maybe because you're being such an asshole to him lately." I retorted. Jeremy gave me a smile as a way to thank me for sticking up for him.

"Whatever Y/N. Suck a dick like the unloyal slut you are." He stormed out and slammed the door shut. What the fuck was all of this about? Where did this sudden hatred come from? It made absolutely no sense. What was going on with Masaki. I doubted we would ever find out at this rate.

Jeremy sat down with his back to a wall and leaned against it. He started crying. All this time he'd always been so strong. Our leader. Now he was on the floor of a business he'd been working so hard for, but everything kept blowing up in his face. Literally and metaphorically.

I made my way next to him and gave him a side hug, allowing him to rest his head on my shoulder. Michael walked over and sat down on the other side of Jeremy and gave a pat on the back. "We'll figure it out together man. We're both here for you." Michael said reassuringly.

"Thanks. It means a lot more than you probably realize." Jeremy sniffled. I wonder what he meant by that? Odd.

—————————————————————————

A/N ~ Oopsie AngstFendii strikes again hehe. Jersaki lovers I'm so sorry (not really) but this will all make sense in due time.

I hope you're all enjoying these bonus chapters!