chapter 4 ~ i don't

Great. I cried myself to sleep again. It's 2 A.M. now, fucking fantastic. Those words were just too familiar. It was too much for me in that moment. They collided with my heart like a fucking train. I hated this feeling. I felt like doing something idiotic, something that would do the opposite of alleviating the emotions I'm feeling. I just...needed to see his face again.

I went into my backpack I'd had since high school, and pulled out the picture I had, of us.

Him and I.

Us.

We were so at peace in that day. Nothing had gone wrong yet. There was no trauma behind our eyes yet. There was no fear that lingered, yet, that's what brought us closest. It's what truly made us love each other, and now he was gone. I started to weep again.

I took off back into my bedroom. I slept. I dreamed.

Dreaming.

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

"It bothers you, doesn't it?"

"It does."

"Well, that's because you think too much about what others think of you."

"It's not that easy. You're the only one who gets it."

He laughs.
"That isn't really true Y/N. I'm sure there's plenty of people who view you the same way I do. As yourself."

"You're different."

"No, I'm just understanding that others are different. I still love them all the same. I still love you all the same.

"I don't."

"Why don't you?"

"They're just all...too judgemental. They don't even try to understand. I thought this was supposed to be a new era, so why is it like this? What happened to being more open minded?"

"I'm sure they will be in time. Even my dad was happy about our relationship. You're still the same person we know. The same person I know. The same person I love."

"You know just what to say to make me feel better, to make me be all smiles."

"It better not be a fake one. I want to make you feel better. Don't fake anything around me, alright? You're a beautiful woman. Keep telling yourself that is who you are until you feel like you are. I love you, Y/N."

"I love you too. I'll always love you, you're the best boyfriend eve-"

. ⋅ ˚̣- : : – – : : -˚̣⋅ .

I woke up to the sound of my alarm blaring again. It was time to go to work already? Fuck. After another terrible night, I once again didn't feel like going. I had to though, having a bad night is never an excuse. I was hoping to see Michael again today. It was nice to somewhat get to know him better, but something in me still wanted to learn more. What was his job? What made him freeze up the way he did? What kept him up at night?

He makes me feel confused. Is he mysterious or familiar? Is he pleasant to be around, or is he unsettling? Why? Why did I want to know? I don't care really, I just want to know.

As I entered the store I had grown so accustomed too, I was already greeted with winks behind the counter, signalling over to my right. Seriously? Masaki was so childish. There stood Michael, he hadn't noticed me yet. Thank God, or he might see Masaki teasing me and think something strange was going on. I'd hate for him to feel awkward or anxious again.