chapter 24 ~ lady luck

A/N!!! Warning ; Gunshots, blood, very light smut.
—————————————————————————

"Now, let go of my mom or I'll shoot your little bitch you ignore me for again." Vanessa had shot Sakura in the arm. "Oh please, you nearly missed me and that was me being caught off guard." Sakura taunted. We heard the gun go off again. "See, told you!" Sakura laughed. This side of Sakura...I'd never seen it before. I didn't know if I should be proud, scared, worried, or a mix of all 3. Clearly spending all that time with William rubbed off on her a bit, or maybe that's why they got along so well in the first place.

We watched through the doorway as she ran inside of the house, searching for something more than a box of matches that would prove my mothers guilt. Sakura's happy-go-lucky attitude was placing a lot of emphasis on the lucky part right about now. Another shot, and another miss. Vanessa only had 2 bullets left.

She took off into another room, where Vanessa followed after. I'm fairly certain she'd found something important, because the remaining two shots went off. William dropped my mom and sprinted into the house, leaving Michael and I to hold her back. We heard a female voice yell out a "fuck!" that sounded painful.

William came running out of the house with Sakura held bridal style. There was a hole in her shoe with blood all over it. I spotted another hole in her purple attire, her leg was bleeding. Most importantly I spotted a small book in her grasp. I knew that was our proof. "You shouldn't have underestimated me!" Sakura taunted my mother, as we let go of her and ran to the car. She was furious. We got in, locked the doors, and sped off just in time. We needed to get Sakura to a hospital.

William was frantically cutting fabric off his clothes to help stop the bleeding. That look in his eyes. I'd never seen him look so terrified before. Sakura put her head in his lap as Michael sped to the hospital. I subtly observed as William ran his fingers through Sakura's hair. He had a bigger heart than I remembered.

The ride to the nearest hospital was silent. Before we knew it, we were there. William picked Sakura up and we made our way inside. By the grace of God, rather, Sakura's luck, nothing was serious. They took care of her and just within a couple of hours we could leave. Those hours to William however, felt like years, you could see it on his face.

It was nearly midnight when we finally left the hospital. Sakura was passed out in the backseat, William's arm around her. I took this as a chance to do a little digging of my own. "William?" I grabbed his attention away from the sleeping girl next to him. "Yes?" He yawned. "So, about what my mom said. Do you have a thing for Sakura?" I mean if he did, wouldn't that be a new odd dynamic of the car. We deserved to know.

He cleared his throat before he began speaking. "No, I don't. I just see her as someone very dear to me. Especially after she came to my rescue that day. I've viewed her very differently since. Closer to my heart for sure." Oh right, that... "Different in what way?" Michael piped up. "Different in a way that she's someone I value a lot more that most." He responded. I saw Michael's eyebrow raise. "Are you sure you don't have a little crush on her or something? I mean come on dad you let her call you 'Willy.' Don't act like nobody noticed you smiling after you told her to stop calling you that." Michael threw back at him. He was just as observant as I was with these things.

"I'm fairly sure of it, Michael. I just feel that way because of the day she rescued me, and how much of a delight her company can be." He shrugged. Delight her company can be? Oh this man was crushing. Michael and I gave each other a quick glance, once again clearly one the same page. I guess the case of that incident could be true though....

Flashback time! This is in Sakura's POV.

Oh shoot! I broke the stage light I was trying to fix. I'd have to go tell William since I was practically assigned as his assistant now. Everyone had left for the day, except for William and I. We were finishing up what little things we needed to do for the day before heading home. As I knocked on the door to William's office, I got no answer. I wonder where he was...

I was snapped out of my thoughts by a loud scream that came from the Parts & Service room. I ran as fast I could to the room. The sight I saw nearly made me cry, but I needed to stay as calm as I could. The springlocks of William's Spring Bonnie suit had triggered. There was blood everywhere. The smell was making me feel dizzy, but I did everything I could to get him out of the suit. I took a screwdriver and wedged it between the closing part of the suit, forcing it open and off of William.

He was struggling to hang onto life. I had to act fast. I used all of the strength I had to get him into my car. Given the fact he was nearly double my size, that was a challenge, but I managed. "William I'm getting you to the hospital. Don't die on me, I'm begging you!" I cried out to him. He barely mustered out two words. "I promise." I was going 100 miles an hour to the hospital. No like I was seriously going that fast, it was a wonder we made it there without getting into a wreck.

Flashback over!

Suddenly a loud scream came from the back seat. Sakura must've woken up from a nightmare. She latched onto William's arm and started crying. "What happened?" He brought her in closer, trying to comfort the shaken up girl. "I had that dream wh-where you die. Where I fail." He brought her in for a hug as we pulled into William's driveway. He went to get out of the car, but Sakura wouldn't let go.

"William, please?" She whispered. In that moment an expression I'd never seen on his face before, almost as if he melted, washed over his face. He shook his head, and helped her out of the car. We waited until they were inside to leave. Michael turned and looked at me. "What the fuck was that?" I just stared at him like I was in a trance. "That's an amazing question." I said in a monotone voice.

"Y/N, he's never even looked at my own mother that way. There's something going on with him." I couldn't tell if he was happy or weirded out by his father's actions. "You mean something going on with them." I sarcastically corrected him. "I wanted to knock my mom out when she called him a cheater though, that was so disgusting." I scoffed, like seriously??

"You should've seen Sakura's face. She looked like she was about to kill her." He laughed as we got out of the car. I'd be crashing at his place, I missed his bed. It was so much more comfortable than mine. We walked into his room after such a long day, him making his way to take a shower and me collapsing on the bed while I waited for him to finish up.

Once he finished, I made my way in, enjoying the hot water on my skin after the long day we'd had. I didn't stay in too incredibly long. I was tired and I knew Michael was waiting for me. I got out and saw he had my spot waiting for me. Stupid dork.

I crawled into bed, and he pulled me in close to him before I even got the chance to get fully settled in. I felt his hand slowly make it's way onto my jaw, and his thumb rested on my lip. "You're so beautiful." He said, his eyes and voice low. He removed his hand from my face and pulled me in for a kiss.

We stayed like that for a bit, before he started deepening the kiss. The kiss became more and more intense, before I knew it his tongue had made it's way into my mouth. The kiss continued to escalate until we broke it to catch our breath. "Not tonight Mikey I'm too tired." I felt bad to deny him of more, but being typical amazing Michael, he brought me into his embrace instead. "That's okay Y/N, let's get some rest then." He held me tightly, he was so warm.

Before we knew it, we were out for the night. What a strange day.

—————————————————————————

A/N ~ Wasn't Y/N's mother lovely! Trust me when I say this is just the beginning hehe. What do you guys think is in the notebook?

I hope everyone's enjoying!