chapter 33 ~ the rumor

This chapter is told from Jeremy Fitzgerald's POV.

We were visiting Masaki in the hospital again today, conversing among ourselves when a weak voice spoke up. "What are you losers doing sulking?" The gasp Jennie let out was probably loud enough to be heard from rooms over, as well as my near instant sobbing upon hearing my boyfriend speak up. Michael and Y/N looked at each other overjoyed to hear our sassy little friend's sarcastic tone back in our ears.

I sprinted over to Masaki's bedside. Without thinking I smashed my lips into his. He was alive, he would be okay, and that's all that mattered to me right now. As we separated from our kiss I saw the way he was looking at me. It felt like cupid's arrow shot right through my heart. I was in love. "Oh my God Jeremy you're so down bad!" Jennie teased. My face went red but I honestly didn't care. I was happy.

"Can you blame him?" Masaki wiggled his eyebrows. "I can't blame you either sweet cheeks." I joked. Now the blush was on both of our faces. Jennie looked at us in annoyance while Michael and Y/N pretended to be sick. We knew they were all really happy for us but it was just too boring not to tease each other!

The nurse came in and her reaction was as happy as we were that Masaki was awake. She did all the typical nurse things she came in to do, and offered all of us a menu. We each respectfully declined. I had to go home and pack a bag as I'd be staying the night with him since he was awake now, so I'd just grab everyone food on the way back. I gave Masaki a quick peck on the lips as I made my way out to my truck.

I threw on some of my favorite jams. In Bloom by Nirvana, hell yeah! The drive home felt exhilarating for some strange reason. I guess it was just the excitement and bliss of the fact Masaki was gonna be coming home soon. One thing was certainly bugging me though. How often would things like this persist? If Y/N's mother, Vanessa and now Jason were targeting us, who else could they recruit?  

I unlocked my door and made my rounds of getting the essentials like a toothbrush and change of clothes. I decided if, by some chance he wanted it, I'd bring Masaki a hoodie of mine since I couldn't exactly get in the bed with him. That would bring him some comfort, right? I'm still new to this whole boyfriend thing. If I'm honest I feel like I've just been winging it, but he seems happy so I guess I'm not doing too shabby.

Everyone decided that McDonald's would suffice for the night. As I was ordering, a rumor popped up in my head. I could've swore I overheard Masaki loved McDonald's Frappes? I decided I'd order one, and if I was wrong I'd just drink it even if I wasn't exactly huge on Frappes myself. My fingers were crossed that my surprise would be met with approval. It's the little things after all.

I walked up to the room with a smug look on my face. I guess everyone noticed, because I got a snood remark from Jennie. "You didn't spit in one of our drinks did you?" She asked.
"Of course not! I just got someone a surprise." My smile was big when I saw Masaki's face light up at the sight of the Frappe. Sure, it was a small gesture but the little things always meant so much in moments like these.

We all talked amongst ourselves for about two more hours after finishing our dinner before Jennie, Michael and Y/N left. That just left me and my sweet guy next to me. I held his hand in mine as we soaked the moment in. The moment that turned into more. The moment I'd been waiting for.

"Hey Jeremy, can I tell you something?" Masaki asked timidly. He usually wasn't one to get shy over things, so this must be serious. "You can always talk to me! What's up?" I flashed a smile and felt him relax a bit at my sentiment. "I-I think I'm in love with you." He stuttered out. I felt my jaw drop. "I love you too cutie." I leaned in for a kiss. It felt like it took us forever to say these three words to each other, but the wait was definitely worth it.

This kiss was pure magic. It felt like fireworks were going off. We were in love? Crazy...
We pulled apart from the kiss and laughed like two dumb idiots. Jennie and Y/N won this time dammit. I couldn't even be mad that they were right this time. I knew it was hard for Masaki to let someone this close again just like it was for me, but the trust we'd both established with each other was enough for the both of us to let our guards down. I was totally whipped and I loved every feeling of it.

As we began to settle down for the night, Masaki spoke up again. "Are the rumors true?" He asked. This was too vague for me to answer, but I didn't want to sound stupid. "The ones about the store?" I started a game of guess who. "Yeah, about Y/N's mom?" Alright I wasn't stupid, my mind went the right direction after all.

"I heard she's targeting anyone remotely associated with William. I guess that involves us too. It's really unfortunate considering we've done nothing to either party involved besides exist." I sighed. It was rather annoying to be a target because of someone else's dirty laundry.

"There's something else too Jeremy. This is good news though, don't worry! Mr.Afton is planning on taking that book to the police tomorrow. Sakura apparently found where she hid it and now they've got it ready to go. I'm just worried this might send her in a frenzy to cause as much chaos as she can before she gets locked up." Masaki was excited about this, the look was all over his face.

He had a good point though. If this happened and she caught wind of it before she got busted, she'd be doing everything in her power to cause distress. As much as I wanted to be there for everyone when and if this chaos happened, I don't think it's something Masaki and I should have to be apart of.

That's when an idea popped in my head. What if we went on a conveniently timed vacation before they went through with this? Masaki would still need time to recover when he got out of the hospital anyways, so why leave my lover in more danger than necessary? I wouldn't. I would protect him.

"Wanna go to Japan or something when you get out of here?" I half joked, just wanted to see his response. "Honestly, I'd love to. It would be nice after, well, you know nearly being blown to smithereens." He chuckled. "Let's go then. Just you and me. No worries in the world just for a week." I smiled.

"One worry. You have to meet my parents doofus." He smacked my arm playfully. My face heated up at the statement. He wants me to meet his parents? "Hell yeah! I'd love to!" I exclaimed. "Let's get to sleep Mr.Cocky. I'm sleepy." He retorted. I held his hand all through the night. That was my guy, and I couldn't be happier.

—————————————————————————

A/N ~ Gay chapter!! I decided to give you guys a Jersaki fluff chapter because why not? It does seem however nobody wants to be around when things go to the cops.

Any theories on how this may all play out? I hope you're all enjoying! 💜