chapter 35 ~ flawless

Today was they day they'd be turning my mother into the police. I honestly felt sick to my stomach about whatever chaos may ensue afterwards. The thought that she'd find out before they could take her into custody made me extremely nervous. Thousands of thoughts were going through my head on what to expect as I sat in the back of the car with Michael, waiting for Sakura and William to emerge from the police station.

"What do you think they'll do?" Michael rubbed his finger over my knuckles while he held my hand. I was genuinely in a personal hell. If she found out, we were totally doomed. "I hope they'll take her into custody as soon as they find her." I sighed. I felt like that reality would be too good to be true.

Michael let me rest my head in his lap, stroking my hair gently until I fell asleep. We weren't sure how long this would take, and besides, I had barely slept the night before for multiple reasons. I fell asleep, and felt myself dreaming. It felt like I was walking in a strangely lit room, blue and purple dim lights filled the place. They would occasionally flash. That's when I saw them.

In front of me stood Elizabeth, Evan and my little brother Caleb. The dream felt so real, it felt like they were actually here in front of me. Elizabeth approached me giving me a hug. "Keep loving my brother, he is your escape." She said before vanishing. Now Evan repeated what his sister did. "Your mother is a bad person." He vanished too.

I saw my little brother approach, almost not wanting to hug him so he didn't vanish like the others. I knew it was only a dream though. He hugged me tightly, before saying some damning words. "This is just the beginning." He was gone too, and I shot up out of my sleep to a car door slamming shut.

William and Sakura both had very pleased looks on their faces. "What did they say?" I yawned. "They're looking for her starting tonight, or so they say." William exclaimed. That was like someone injected caffeine directly into my bloodstream. I was fully awake and relieved.

After all these years, after all this suffering that monster had put me through. It was over. Eventually I could move away from here while she was in prison and she'd never be able to find me again. We decided to have a celebratory night over at Michael's and now my place. We moved in together finally.

On the way home I kept thinking about the words my brother uttered in my dream. What did he mean by this was just the beginning? I was hoping it was a positive thing, but something in my gut told me otherwise. I was snapped out of my thoughts by us already being home. I really must've zoned out...

We ordered everyone's favorite types of pizza and had soda. It was still so strange to see William function like a normal human-being, but it was something I was starting to get used to. We were watching The Outsiders, Michael's favorite movie. We had drawn straws, and his movie was last to be watched for the night so it was getting fairly late. That's when William's phone rang. He stepped outside to take the call.

We were all anxious as to what the call was about. Nearly 30 minutes later he finally came back inside, a smile plastered across his face. "They got her." Sakura bolted over and hugged him, and he picked her up and spun her around. Michael and I were too excited to exactly take note of this, as we were kissing each other.

It went so smoothly. That was really all it took, and I was so fucking thankful. Sakura and William went home after the movie ended. Michael and I began to get ready for bed. We cuddled up close as we got very sleepy eyed. The words that my brother said to me began to echo in my head. I couldn't sleep, trying to think what they could possibly mean.

Michael must've woken up and took note of this, as he started to stroke my hair again. He knew that was the trick. As I fell asleep, I saw my brother again. "Don't worry, you'll be okay." He grabbed my hand and ran to take me somewhere. It looked like another rendition of Freddy's, but with a clown as the mascot. It was eerie. It was cold.

The walls of the place looked to be like an underground bunker of sorts. It felt like a maze, how deep it was. He led me to an escalator that took us deeper under the weird creation. There seemed to be a huge lookout, with a vat of something. It was covered so I couldn't tell what was in it. Maybe it was acid to hide bodies. I shivered.

"I will protect you here one day." My brother said and released my hand. There was a purple light that had been following us around. I walked over to the vat to reach out to remove the fabric covering it. That's when the purple light grew bright and brighter until all I saw was the color purple. The purple began to fade into black and the dream ended, as I drifted off to sleep for the night.

—————————————————————————

A/N ~ Shorter chapter, but big things going on yay! Dreams do come true sometimes, bye bye Melissa hehe! :3

I hope you're all enjoying!