chapter 37 ~ i am

It was time for another day of work at the new Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. We were getting near the finish line and it would be time to officially open in about a week. Everything was really starting to come together now. It felt like a children's restaurant. All the arcade machine's were in place, the stage was built and illuminated nicely. The walls had party streamers on them and a spot set aisde for hanging up art. There were only two rooms left, the prize area and the staff only room to complete setting up.

We were decorating the prize area when another knock was heard at the door. We all flew into the entry area as William opened the door. The same man from the other day entered with a shorter man following behind him. This man had black hair.

The shorter man removed his mask first, revealing glasses and a very sweet face. Not exactly what I was expecting. The blonde didn't seem to want to remove his, but thanks to convincing of the shorter man he eventually removed it. Oh yeah that was the Dave guy from yesterday, but who was this guy with glasses? I already preferred him over this country boy that towered over everyone except for William.

William motioned everyone over to a table to go and discuss "things" at. Had he been working with these two the whole time? Were they like spies for William? Smart. "This is Marvin, by the way." Dave motioned his head at his partner next to him who waved at everyone. "It's nice to meet you all!" He said softly.

"What brings you back by Dave?" Sakura asked. So she knew him too. Of course she did, lately William didn't want her out of his sight and vise versa. It really started to make Michael and I want to run away even more. We didn't know what those two were getting themselves involved in at this point and we'd be damned if we got caught up in it.

"We have more prints for you that you might just be interested in, as well as a journal written by Vanessa." The prints were clear rip-offs of Freddy and Foxy. The journal however peaked interest as it opened to a very...unfortunate page. Written all over the page was the name "Vanessa Afton." Jennie and I turned and made eye contact which was always a mistake. We burst out laughing. "That's so fucking humiliating." Jennie cried out through her laughter. We eventually gained our composure after about 5 minutes. Tears rolling down our cheeks from the jokes we were making.

William had been flipping through the pages and stopped upon reaching another one. Sakura's name was written at the top in red pen. The word "murder" was written all around the name in smaller letters. Chills went down everyone's spine when William slammed his hand down on the table and stormed off. Before his outburst, I could've swore he said "Nobody will harm her." Just quiet enough for us to barely be able to make it out, just so we wouldn't be entirely sure of his words or not.

Now I wasn't sure if I could find the courage to leave this place. I'd feel way too guilty if something happened to Sakura especially if there's a chance I could be here to stop it. My thoughts were interrupted by Dave. "What's up with him? It's not like him to get angry like that and storm off, I've only ever seen him composed." If only he knew. "He's very...protective when it comes to Sakura. She makes his eyes sparkle in a way I've never seen in the many many many years I've known him. I'm sure threats to someone he holds in a high regard won't be something he'll be calm about." Henry awkwardly chuckled.

Sakura's eyes looked dead. It was one thing to be facing danger, but to have danger be plotted behind your back in such detailed and gruesome ways were sure to be tolling even for someone with the mindset she had.

A crash came from another room. Sakura shot up out of her seat and bolted towards the sound. The sound of metal crashing continued until a voice yelled over it. "William calm down!" Sakura screamed at him. "I can't. It's you they want to harm you." William yelled in return. The rest of us had caught up to find him destroying the Foxy animatronic with a hammer. He was taking his anger out on a very important creation to be able to open up next week. Guess that's another delay.

His eyes looked bright purple as his rage continued. Sakura rammed herself into William, sending the both down to the ground. She starting crying, presumably at the sight of William acting so much like his old self. His eyes returned to normal in a flash and now he was crying. Marvin signaled to us that it might be a good idea to give them a moment and we followed him back to the table we were seated at.

Vanessa had tried to kill Sakura before right? So why was this time so different? Why did this time make him so angry? Was it the plotting that? Probably. I mean really without Dave and Marvin there wouldn't have been any other way for them to know this was ongoing. I decided I'd do some digging of my own with Marvin. He seemed more like a talker than Dave. "Can we speak in private for a moment? The three of us?" I pointed at Marvin and Michael. "That would be fine." Marvin responded a bit nervously. I could tell he was shy. Michael shrugged his shoulders and stood up to follow us.

"How do you know William?" I questioned Marvin. "If I'm honest, I don't know him personally. I'm just helping out because Dave asked me to." Well I guess that made sense, but how did Dave know him? I wasn't sure if this was something Marvin would know so I decided to hold off on that. "How'd you two get your hands on all of this?" Michael popped a question in, a good one at that. "We simply act interested in Circus Baby's Pizza World! Honest! It was a lot easier than I think both Dave and I originally thought. I'm not worried that they're onto us though. Especially with the owner possibly going to jail soon!" He flashed a smile. It was nice to see such a friendly face that seemed to have our best interests at heart.

That's when an idea crept its way into my brain. "Wanna go out for dinner with Michael and I one night? You seem cool. Definitely someone we could be friends with. You're more than welcome to bring Dave along with you if you aren't comfortable coming alone." Michael went to ask someone along the lines of "We think he's cool?" However I think I elbowed him just in time to shut his ass up. I wanted these people to feel welcome around us to ensure they trusted us. The thought of distrust forming between them and us to have them run back to this Circus Baby fiasco and tell them everything wouldn't exactly be an ideal situation to end up in.

"Let me go ask Dave! I appreciate it a lot even if he does say no." He walked back over to the dining table to convince the blonde Texan asshole to attend. Michael started poking my body trying to tickle me. Dork...

"I'm going to get you back for these random plans someday you know that right?" He teased. "You've been saying that for a long time now dork. I'll believe it when I see it." I retorted before giving my sweet boyfriend a hug. I knew he really didn't mind me making these plans too much, it was more-so the fact of how uneasy we felt about the pair. Especially Dave.

The two began to approach us. Dave's hands were in his pocket as Marvin had his arm wrapped around Dave's. Didn't expect that. "We'll be there!" Marvin exclaimed. "I am doing this because Marvin asked me to go with him, not because you two want me to go." Dave said coldly, but I could tell he was trying to fight back a smile. "I'll be looking forward to it partner." Michael said in a terrible country accent, earning a chuckle from Dave. This might turn out to be fun after all.

—————————————————————————

I hope you're all enjoying! :)